Lt. Commander
# 1 Foundry writer's
04-27-2012, 01:47 AM
  1. What is your guide line write a serie or a loose mission ?
  2. What is your main line to write ? Fighting, Mystery, Romance, Trainings mission ?
  3. How long would you make an UGC ? 5 mins, 30 mins, or an our ?
  4. What will you do as an writer for the spirit ?
  5. Are you bored writing ?
  6. What is your favorite Source off SCI ?
  7. Wil we see more of your writing ?

1. I'm still bussy writing a serie for now, First is playable ( Long way from Home )
  2. Fighting and Mystery romance isn't my thing in STO
  3. I heard from people they needed almost to ours to read all the text.
  4. I watch for now Star Trek Voyager to come with ideas
  5. Not by an long shot
  6. Star Trek DS9 - The dominion war, Star Trek TNG - Star Trek Voyager
  7. Yes you will see plenty, I'm working on the seccond EP for Star Trek Klingon

So take this list and let me know what you are working on or would like to work on ?

Greets
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
What is your guide line write a serie or a loose mission ?
What is your main line to write ? Fighting, Mystery, Romance, Trainings mission ?
How long would you make an UGC ? 5 mins, 30 mins, or an our ?
What will you do as an writer for the spirit ?
Are you bored writing ?
What is your favorite Source off SCI ?
Wil we see more of your writing ?
1. A theme. My first Story arc, "The New Australia" arc, started out as being based on a series of books similar to "Red Dawn" about teen rebels vs an occupying army, it sort of mutated into a larger arc involving the Temporal cold war from Enterprise and beyond, but that happens when I write, one idea mutates.

My second arc was about Q, and players being imbued by a female Q to fight "their" war vs a powerful enemy race i had introduced in the first arc. The initial idea came from a call of cthulhu lovecraft book called "The Shadows Out of Time."

Doctor Who plays a HUGE inspiration in ALL my arcs, as any player of them can easily tell.

2. All of the above.

3. I believe in mid or short 2-3 part arcs, because an average player's attention span can only concentrate and focus and really "absorb" so much at a time to feel satisfied. By stretching it over 2-3 missions, overall, a story can be told. Everybody wins.

5. Hunh?

6. Time travel and themes involving moral dilemmas.

7. Definetly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-27-2012, 05:37 PM
1. I've generally stuck to individual stories, each based around a thematic idea or story kernel I think is interesting.

2. I like to focus the story on mystery/discovery themes, but have some action and combat sprinkled in somewhere.

3. I try to make my stories around a half hour to an hour long. Could be played quicker, but I put in lots of dialog and optional stuff.

4. I look back on old Star Trek episodes I find interesting and see if there are any bits I'd like to know more about. Then I scour Memory Alpha to make sure I understand how all the elements fit together. I mostly wait for inspiration before I start a project.

5. Not bored, but I spread out my mission work a lot so I don't get burnt out

6. I like classic Trek and TNG for ideas, but I like touch-stoning on just about any Trek. Sometimes I work in a little bit of hard-scifi stuff, based on modern theories and engineering.

7. I'll be continuing to make missions, but it might take a while for me to get my most recent idea built.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Kirk
  2. What is your main line to write ? Fighting, Mystery, Romance, Trainings mission ?
  1. Depends on if I can finish the story in one 30 minute sitting or not. That's really the only difference.
  2. Mystery-ish. I like investigation type stories even if all of the clues are not immediately known.
  3. I shoot for 30-minutes a pop.
  4. I build the maps I need. That usually will spark my brain.
  5. From time to time.
  6. Whichever one I'm in the mood for when Netflix is up and running.
  7. As time allows.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Kirk

1. My first missions were a 5-part series "Dissent" which I feel turned out very well and gets great reviews. I started outlining it before the foundry even debuted on Tribble. It was months in the making. I probably won't do that again. I think I'll stick to stand-alones or maybe two-parters.
2. I like to write what to my mind are episodes of Star Trek, which means they could be anything: comedy, drama, action. Plenty of room for all of it.
3. I don't worry about mission length. It takes as long as it takes to tell my story.
4. I listen to music. I must have listened to "Fading Empires" by Todesbonden about 100 times while writing the Dissent series.
5. I very much enjoy writing. I write for a living, but in a very different way from what is required for the Foundry, so it's a great change of pace.
6. I often draw inspiration from the Stargate series, I find the dialogue often flows better.
7. You most certainly will. I have about 5-6 missions in the works now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2012, 10:23 PM
1. What is your guide line write a series or a loose mission ?

The story has to have a theme, a personal effect on the player's character. Something that they will look back on as either a good or bad descion in their star fleet career. To me a foundry experience has to be compelling and personal. I'm very much a fan of multiparters as a result

I prefer drama to anything else, but recognize the need for some action to pace the story

I've made missions that run between 30 mins to an hour. "Children of a Lesser God" will probably be my biggest single mission yet

I listen to music that help set the theme. Music can e very inspiring

Never, I can't stop

Star Trek DS9, Doctor Who and the Dune series by Frank Herbert

with 40 foundry slots, I'm here to stay