Lt. Commander
# 21
03-28-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm curious what the "Beta" means in regards to this feature now being on Holodeck.

I didn't do a whole lot on Tribble other than play around and try learning the tools, knowing that once it hit Holodeck I'd be recreating anything done on Tribble.

Can we be relatively sure in that what we create on Holodeck will remain intact or since this is still a Beta project does that mean any missions we create have the potential to be wiped out?

I understand it's impossible to offer any guarantees or absolute statements, I'm simply asking what the potential is and what expectations we should have going into the Foundry Beta on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
You all have done some AMAZING work there.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Woo-hoo! I'm looking forward to trying out the great missions others will create, as well as starting work on my own ideas.

So, since we have a week until April 5th, anyone (already) working on a First Contact mission?
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Dying to get out of work, so I can get home and get to work.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Sweet! Time to get creating.

Edit: Coming soon, the return of the Obsidian Order.
Can't wait to see what you come up with. Always loved the Obsidian Order.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDawgNX View Post
Will there be an option to import missions already created on Tribble or will they need to be re-created?
Nope. I has been stated on several different threads that this will not happen plus there was a disclaimer on Tribble that said it as well.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
As you may have noticed, we have enabled the Beta Foundry service on Holodeck this morning.
I noticed that you still have it labelled as "Beta". As such, can you make any statement regarding the possibility of these missions being wiped or lost sometime in the future as it moves from beta to release or to resolve a future bug/issue? Or with it being on Holodeck now the STO dev team is committed to maintaining/keeping missions intact? Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see Trueheart already posed the question.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
I'm curious what the "Beta" means in regards to this feature now being on Holodeck.

I didn't do a whole lot on Tribble other than play around and try learning the tools, knowing that once it hit Holodeck I'd be recreating anything done on Tribble.

Can we be relatively sure in that what we create on Holodeck will remain intact or since this is still a Beta project does that mean any missions we create have the potential to be wiped out?

I understand it's impossible to offer any guarantees or absolute statements, I'm simply asking what the potential is and what expectations we should have going into the Foundry Beta on Holodeck.
Now that the Foundry is on Holodeck, we do not forsee any wipes or mission resets. With that said, it is important to note that if we do find any technical issues with missions, they may be individually unpublished until the issues are fixed and the missions can be republished.

This goes for any major future update to the Foundry in that if there is ever a necessity for technology to make an infrastructure change, some missions may be unpublished until such time the author can verify the new changes in their missions and the missions can be republished.

More news on that once we cross that bridge, but for now, the intention is that missions created on Holodeck can stay on Holodeck indefinitely.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Another thing I think should be brought to the fore. What is to prevent abuses of the Code of Conduct for STO, the ToS for the game and the EULA of the Foundry? What checks and balances will take place, if any, to regulate this? And if none will be taken, will there be a disclaimer for this content when content in the foundry becomes available? The reason I ask is simple, some of us on here are parents that paid for a game with a ESRB rating of Teen and wouldn't want inscrupulous individuals using the foundry as a means to circumvent this.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
Another thing I think should be brought to the fore. What is to prevent abuses of the Code of Conduct for STO, the ToS for the game and the EULA of the Foundry? What checks and balances will take place, if any, to regulate this? And if none will be taken, will there be a disclaimer for this content when content in the foundry becomes available? The reason I ask is simple, some of us on here are parents that paid for a game with a ESRB rating of Teen and wouldn't want inscrupulous individuals using the foundry as a means to circumvent this.
Each mission can be reviewed and reported for violating EULA. Once a GM gets the report and finds that it is legit, the mission should be pulled and the author can/will earn an infraction to up to and including I believe, loss of Foundry publishing privileges, or ban.