Lt. Commander
# 41
03-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Can we please get some information as regards to the limit of publishable missions. Are there plans to add means to increase your mission cap?

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Well my faith in humanity remains in its current dire state. It only took a few hours for someone to publish something that made me go
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-28-2011, 07:19 PM
"You will be able to easily change this character's rank and equipment."

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=209145

First post says it all. The first two screens we see in Foundry state this (in fact, it's the only thing they state). Apparently this feature has never existed. Will it? If we did have this, it would be great. If we're not going to get it, probably a good idea to revise the opening screens and describe something that the product actually does instead.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-28-2011, 07:28 PM
no hardcore,scifi,sto,alien erotica. There go all my episode ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-28-2011, 10:32 PM
I look forward to spend more time on this at the weekend. I think it is great that you gave the community such a tool to play / work with !
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-29-2011, 12:17 AM
do you recieve anything for doing the missions? do you recieve anything for doing mulitple missions?
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-29-2011, 12:46 AM
loot drops and xp are recieved, and the loot is random with level
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-29-2011, 03:52 AM
well as for as xp that means nothing considering your maxed out at va from ensign in a week. so what your saying is there is no reason why anyone should play the foundry missions? you get nothing except for killing a ship that you can get in any mission in game? you dont even get an emblem for doing a foundry mission? this is like wow. not only would i not waste my time making them. now i wont even bother doing the missions. i talked to a few people and they feel the same way. as for the fun of it? the fun is getting rewarded i dont care how cheep the reeward point is it wouldnt be for nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-29-2011, 04:06 AM
Is there any way to place anomalies on ground maps?

Also, is there a way to have the minigame associated with harvesting anomalies, but for interacting with something else?

For example, I want to stop a warp core breach by "setting up a resonant harmonic field to reinforce the warp core forcefield" (or such treknological speak), so that when I interact with the console, I get the minigame popup and have to match the waveforms. Wuld be great if I didn't have to harvest anything after, too.

Is this possible?
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-29-2011, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
well as for as xp that means nothing considering your maxed out at va from ensign in a week. so what your saying is there is no reason why anyone should play the foundry missions? you get nothing except for killing a ship that you can get in any mission in game? you dont even get an emblem for doing a foundry mission? this is like wow. not only would i not waste my time making them. now i wont even bother doing the missions. i talked to a few people and they feel the same way. as for the fun of it? the fun is getting rewarded i dont care how cheep the reeward point is it wouldnt be for nothing.
I assume the lack of reward is because Cryptic hasn't figured out how to avoid people making "Hello World" missions and then grinding them for the reward. Make a mission where the only objective is zone in, walk three steps to a waypoint, mission complete, zone out. Lather, rinse, repeat.