Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
03-29-2011, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
well as for as xp that means nothing considering your maxed out at va from ensign in a week. so what your saying is there is no reason why anyone should play the foundry missions? you get nothing except for killing a ship that you can get in any mission in game? you dont even get an emblem for doing a foundry mission? this is like wow. not only would i not waste my time making them. now i wont even bother doing the missions. i talked to a few people and they feel the same way. as for the fun of it? the fun is getting rewarded i dont care how cheep the reeward point is it wouldnt be for nothing.
Personally I don't feel like I need to be given a cookie every time I go outside and play. The reward is the fun I have and/or make while playing. Or perhaps it is the social experience if I am grouping with friends.

Cookies are just a nice bonus

About the only reward I could see them allowing the community to give out is a 'trophy' for completing the mission. But who really cares about that? Plus I dread to consider what storage space would look like over time for all the extra trophies long-term players picked up by playing UGC.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
03-29-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShrike View Post
Personally I don't feel like I need to be given a cookie every time I go outside and play. The reward is the fun I have and/or make while playing. Or perhaps it is the social experience if I am grouping with friends. Cookies are just a nice bonus
I think what (most) people are getting at with this complaint is that the content well is the weakest part of the game at the moment, especially once you've leveled a toon through all the story lines that exist now. You pretty much run out of official story lines missions to do around Captain/RA, and have to grind the last 20 levels or so on nothing but explores and dailies. And on a second or third toon, even the story lines that we have get pretty boring.

Many people probably assumed that a major reason for putting Foundry out there was to allow players to help fill the content gap, and to provide an avenue for new content to come into the game more consistently, so that we would have more fun and more alternatives for leveling up. But without SP, Foundry is relegated to a tool for making novelty or vanity missions, that you will do only when you've run out of everything else to work on with a toon.

Sure, people will have fun doing the missions, but most likely will not check them out until they're done fully leveling and gearing out a toon, because they will need to spend their game time up to that point doing stuff that gives rewards.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
03-29-2011, 06:11 AM
What you say is true. There is little reason to do the foundry content when you aren't at level cap. For one thing without the typical rewards that you might receive while doing the games 'canon' content you might find yourself struggling to keep yourself and your bridge officers in 'level appropriate' gear.

ON the other hand as they go through and remaster the episodes they may take this into account. Since we can replay missions to get rewards it actually becomes somewhat easier to gear up at the start of a new ranks level range.

Once you do that there isnt any particular reason to run the dev created content, unless you just want to.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
03-29-2011, 06:24 AM
If the cryptic Team would allow item rewards Set by Players i guess there would be some Players exploiting this System.

For my Part the foundry will Be a creative Tool for storytelling in a Star Trek envoirement... Just to Tell a good Story in a Design made by myself... I am Looking forward to that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
03-29-2011, 06:52 AM
On the spotlight missions video it showed some amazing looking missions...I assume these were on dribble. Are these missions going live at all because I would love to do these missions as I am new to the game and never been on tribble
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
03-29-2011, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solonite View Post
On the spotlight missions video it showed some amazing looking missions...I assume these were on dribble.
lol. They should actually call it that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
03-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solonite View Post
On the spotlight missions video it showed some amazing looking missions...I assume these were on dribble. Are these missions going live at all because I would love to do these missions as I am new to the game and never been on tribble
The spotlite missions were copied over to holodeck quite a while ago. The only limitations that I know of for them not showing up in the available community authored missions list is your level being appropriate for the mission mobs.

the list of available missions is starting to get cluttered though. You may need to either search for them by name or look for the 'author', in this case the mischevious 'Q' who borrowed them from tribble
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
03-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
I assume the lack of reward is because Cryptic hasn't figured out how to avoid people making "Hello World" missions and then grinding them for the reward. Make a mission where the only objective is zone in, walk three steps to a waypoint, mission complete, zone out. Lather, rinse, repeat.
i can understand that, but they need to figure out something. i mean they smart people that work there im sure they can come up with something. its not like this was planned over night.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
03-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
You pretty much run out of official story lines missions to do around Captain/RA, and have to grind the last 20 levels or so on nothing but explores and dailies.
Hmmm, I had plenty of story missions to keep me going all the way up to VA, and still had the Undine missions to do after I made VA.

It's new content, that's why I want to play it. I mean once you have all the top gear, then why do you need rewards?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
03-29-2011, 11:12 AM
well i want rewards. if you want to do them without rewards them email your reward to me i will be happy to take it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:33 PM.