Lt. Commander
# 11
03-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincire View Post
Player made STFs would be fine with me. It would mean the developers wouldn't have to use limited resources on content geared towards a tiny fraction of players.
Guess again, player made STF's are no substitute for real Cryptic content.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Player made STFs would be fine with me. It would mean the developers wouldn't have to use limited resources on content geared towards a tiny fraction of players.
Tiny fraction as defined by whom? The Devs have posted otherwise, so if you have data they do not have access to, by all means, please share it with us.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Tiny fraction as defined by whom? The Devs have posted otherwise, so if you have data they do not have access to, by all means, please share it with us.
I sincerely wonder why many on here insist that few people run STFs when you see so many ingame with full borg sets?
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I sincerely wonder why many on here insist that few people run STFs when you see so many ingame with full borg sets?
I agree. And to add to that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
This is simply not true... There are a large number of people that play STF's daily and enjoy them.

Source:

I welcome those who claim those who run them are a "tiny fraction" of the playerbase to post their data to prove Gozer's comment incorrect.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I recognize this person as someone that has been fairly negative about STFs in other threads. Just looking at the posting history confirms it.

I have no hard facts, other than personal observations of a lot of ships with Borg gear, or fleets orbiting STF points...
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
And just how many of those players with full borg sets on their ships did your fleet carry thru the STF's? Just so that player could get access to the borg gear? Inquiring minds would like to know?
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
And just how many of those players with full borg sets on their ships did your fleet carry thru the STF's? Just so that player could get access to the borg gear? Inquiring minds would like to know?
Didn't know it was a crime to help fellow players.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Didn't know it was a crime to help fellow players.
I did not say that it was bad to help out other players. I was merely asking if you had an idea of just how many players that your fleet has carried thru the STF's just to get them some kewl gear? If it wasn't for the "kewl epic lewtz" how many of those players would have never bothered with the STF's because they are "too difficult" for the average casual player?

It's one thing to help other players to be able to enjoy the experience of the content. It's a whole other thing if the run is just to get some epic loot.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
I did not say that it was bad to help out other players. I was merely asking if you had an idea of just how many players that your fleet has carried thru the STF's just to get them some kewl gear? If it wasn't for the "kewl epic lewtz" how many of those players would have never bothered with the STF's because they are "too difficult" for the average casual player?

It's one thing to help other players to be able to enjoy the experience of the content. It's a whole other thing if the run is just to get some epic loot.
If you say so. But then again, weren't you an advocate for "soloable STFs"?
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
I agree. And to add to that...

Source:

I welcome those who claim those who run them are a "tiny fraction" of the playerbase to post their data to prove Gozer's comment incorrect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
We do want them to appeal to more people so we can justify spending time on them in the future.
From the very same post of Gozer's.

There's also the issue of people running the STFs once and then never going back. Just looking at Borg sets on random players' ships doesn't prove much.