Lt. Commander
# 1 Foundry - npc actor bug
03-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Some of the actors appear to be out of bounds of the map. I have noticed it on several groups. for example try placing the different borg groups ensign and cmd groups onto the map and at least one of the actors i way off the map.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Moved up to The Foundry - Bug Reports

Thank you for your post!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Some of the actors appear to be out of bounds of the map. I have noticed it on several groups. for example try placing the different borg groups ensign and cmd groups onto the map and at least one of the actors i way off the map.
It would really be a help if I knew which groups were affected by this, and how you got it to happen.
Thanks for reporting this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Ok mission - ST-HJW4D7VY7

All i did was make a test mission, put a kill encounter onto the story board. made the first ground map i found. added the kill encounter to that map and changed it to a group of borg Ens Lt Cmd 4.

down the bottom of the page in the tasks it says component is outside of playable area. if you click and drag the enemy group you will see that one of the actors is in the bottom left hand side of the map just outside of the area.

This is affecting multiple groups (not all of them) and not just borg. its happened on breen as well for example. Some groups say one component is out of the area and some say it twice or three times, although i can only ever see one actor out of bounds, unless the others are even further out that they dont even show at all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Ah, it only happens when you change the Encounter after placing it, as far as I can tell. Thanks for reporting this and helping me reproduce it.

Specifically, when you change to an NPC group that has more actors in it than the one originally placed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2011, 12:16 AM
I have also noticed this on fighter squadrons in space . (probably because they also have a larger number of actors).
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-02-2011, 01:26 AM
This happens with all enemy or friendly NPC "groups" that have MORE actors after you changed a certain setting, for example in space from frigate to fighter, or on ground from "Ensigns only" (5 actors) to "Ens Lt Cmd 04" (7 actors, 2 will be out of playable bounds and you have to manually pull them into the map wherever you want to, but it has to be INSIDE the map where it shows up GREEN).

~ Meow
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2011, 04:52 AM
Just confirming I am seeing this behavior too.