Lt. Commander
this question is.. are any soft canon or soft canon comic books like my fave book called Star Trek: The Next Generation ISSUE #49 The ARMIES of The NIGHT. would any foundry mission based on the books like this one? just a question.

thank you in advance for answers.

superlink1
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Its unlikely someone else wants to do that very specific comic as much as you do. I don't know of one but I say go for it, you never know what the project may turn into.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-28-2011, 07:57 PM
EULA states that you cannot reference copyrighted material besides those listed in the EULA. Even if the comic is based on the TNG crew, you cannot just "rehash" the story using Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Yeah it gets murky in the world of rights, there is no guarantee that CBS for example owns clearance on the stories in the comics, the individual authors might, and that start just a minor legal minefield there...
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Just name your Bolian Kreenn, lol.
lol, well that's the thing, I wanted the actual character, not the name. I am original enough to at least make up a name. :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Well, the way I see it - and I often work with different IP - is that you should be all right using Krenn - as long as you don't change the character.

This means, if Krenn doesn't get any character development, and nothing happens to him that would matter outside of your story, it counts more as a cameo and nothing more.
You cannot, however, let him do anything major or let things happen to him that would give him psychological trauma. i.e. you can bump into him and talk but you cannot free him from prison or something.

The same thing should be true for all other characters, except that when using one that had a real life actor, you may not use that actor's likeness - that's no problem though as you can't do that anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Ok I will figure something out. Thanks for the responces...