Lt. Commander
I think the old bug from tribble where boffs don't appear in ground maps are back. I didn't get any when testing and I'm hearing in my mission Deep Space 11 they aren't appearing. I did hear they did appear in another mission but since I played with it last on tribble last week you still could tell boffs to beam down with the player or now.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2011, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralMurphy
I think the old bug from tribble where boffs don't appear in ground maps are back. I didn't get any when testing and I'm hearing in my mission Deep Space 11 they aren't appearing. I did hear they did appear in another mission but since I played with it last on tribble last week you still could tell boffs to beam down with the player or now.
I'm noticing that the boffs don't beam down with you when you test the maps in the map tab, but they do if you test the map in the story tab. I'm not sure if it matters after publishing or not.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Do you have solid steps I can use to reproduce this? I don't recall seeing this happen myself.
What's your project id, please?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralMurphy
You say bug I say feature.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm still seeing people during my mission saying that they are not getting any boffs or only getting some. I sent you a pm Rex because I remember you said you checked that more frequently. Here is that information incase you checked here first.

The Project ID is ST-HTYZ7KPR2
The Name of my mission is Deep Space 11.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2011, 04:35 PM
I too also have this problem on my mission. (Been reported by multiple people at SSR)

However (I haven't had a chance to look at yours AdmiralMurphy) mine includes a non combat map that transfers into a combat map.

Perhaps thats why it's not beaming an away team with it?

Project ID: ST-HPW7A8SNI
Name: SSR - The Old Generation
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Mine starts with a combat map and it doesn't seem to be every time but every once and awhile I'll read a review where someone got 2. 1 or no boffs. I played mine once and all my boffs showed but 3 members of my fleet said they got 1 or no boffs during the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-31-2011, 12:04 AM
I just played a custom mission and only 2 of my BOffs beamed down with me. I had no medic, which made the mission very difficult. I could call for reinforcements, but that only got the generic security officers to beam down.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Well, I played through the first part of DS11 on Holodeck and got the bug to happen.
So I borrowed the project and put it on my QA server, and the bug wouldn't happen for me.

I've added it to the database, though. So let's hope the programmers have better luck figuring it out.

Also, AdmiralMurphy, in the random feedback section of my comment, I'd move your spawn point on the first interior map to the west slightly -- when I spawned in one of my bridge officers was standing directly on a console.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the heads up!