Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11 Thanks for the response.
03-29-2011, 04:42 PM
[If I responded sharply towards you it was probably for two reasons:
A: I was pretty shocked to be called out with a statement that seemed to imply I was cheating when I knew for a fact that I had not done anything beyond what the game allows me to do. Also, I was not doing anything all that different then what I normally do with the exception of popping tactical initiative at different times. Just reading your last post makes me feel like you are determined to find something wrong with happened, I kinda had the same feeling last night.
B: I had been feeling sick all day, so I was already in a bad mood. I rarely respond angrily to much in game, because after years of playing MMO's, I've learned to remind myself that STO is just a game. So if I ****ed you off, my bad, I shouldn't have come off like that.

Good hunting, see you out there.

EDIT: The person who spoke up in about tact. init. in that match was not my "buddy", that match was a PUG. Also, just as an FYI, unless I missed it in battle spam, I dont think we said anything else but what you say in Zone chat.[/quote]

What was funny was how defensive you got, My only comment was and I quote myself, "How is it that you are running 2 copies of HY3"? Simple question to hopefully get answered!! I did not "call" you out nor did I accuse you of a cheat/hack/exploit in zone chat.

That was when you and your "pug" player, your teammate as I/we had no idea who what you are got all defensive including the comment that you made (might have been other player) about the double skills being "fixed" in the last patch.

Not once did I ever accuse you of hacking/cheating, you (maybe you were feeling bad) got defensive and said that you were not hacking. When I see something that is not right or that I would like clarification on how you did somethig (that I am not aware of) I'm going to ask, how you respond is going to set the mood and tone of the opposing team. Depending on how you respond I may learn something about the game I did not know. And being a victim of multiple double skills/hacks/exploits before it was "fixed" I have been in the habit of looking for things that just don't seem right. When people go straight to a defensive mode they "usually" have something to hide is what I've found to be the unfortunate truth in games and in real life. I also found it funny that your pug teammate knew what was going on (and was equally defensive) which leads to even more suspicion on our/my part.

I appreciate your post/response and I do enjoy the game and really do not understand why/how people need to cheat/hack/exploit to prove their worth or superiority in what is a fantasy game. Human nature I guess.

Once again I appreciate your post and I will see you out there and I am not in the habit of holding a grudge, crap, I did not even remember your ship name and or Captains name. But I will remember to steer clear of lonely crusiers just flying around all alone
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Well, tactical init or no, I think it seems broken if you wind up with "stacked" copies of the exact same buff running. That doesn't seem to me like it's "working as intended." If you repop the same buff before it expires, I'd expect it to just reset the run time rather than stack on top of itself. I've always assumed tac init was just a poor man's version of doubling up on skills; half the CD without running two copies (at least for 45 seconds at a time). Since I tend to double up everything, it never seemed super useful (unlike the ground version, which actually sets CDs to 0, and is very nice to use for doubling up security escort squads or repopping those long CD team buffs in a pinch).
Being able to Double up is EXACTLY what its intended to do. Tactical Init is the SINGLE BEST Skill a tac has. It will give you MORE damage then Alpha. It is the best skill a tac has. Its what makes tactical cruisers a pain. Its what makes a properly build tactical escort do 10x the dmg of any other escort. Yes you can run your Rapid fire 3 for almost a min with it. (AS intended) Yes you can use it to double tap BOL 3 every 15 seconds instead of 30... and you can use it to launch HY 3 twice as well. Its the point of the skill. Learn to use it and profit. However anyone using it IS NOT cheating in anyway. Again what was described is EXACTLY what tac init does. If this person was doing something above and beyond I have no idea... however what is described is not undoable, and is not broken mechanics.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Being able to Double up is EXACTLY what its intended to do.
Has a developer ever confirmed that this is what it's "intended" to do? If it's possible, then I'm sure people do it. But I've never seen any other situation where you can get two copies of the same buff running. There are buffs that are specifically designed to stack on each other, like the stacking resistance from the Aegis set. But those are deliberately set up and described that way. It still doesn't make apparent logical sense how the effect would be running a second copy rather than just resetting the run time on the copy already running.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
However anyone using it IS NOT cheating in anyway. Again what was described is EXACTLY what tac init does. If this person was doing something above and beyond I have no idea... however what is described is not undoable, and is not broken mechanics.
Also, you seem pretty testy for someone who IS NOT cheating in any way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Has a developer ever confirmed that this is what it's "intended" to do? If it's possible, then I'm sure people do it. But I've never seen any other situation where you can get two copies of the same buff running. There are buffs that are specifically designed to stack on each other, like the stacking resistance from the Aegis set. But those are deliberately set up and described that way. It still doesn't make apparent logical sense how the effect would be running a second copy rather than just resetting the run time on the copy already running.
I don't think you understand the nature of the "Stacking" You can Not stack Rapid fire to have 2 copies and double dmg. You Can not stack Attack Patterns to increase damage. You can not stack Target sub system abilities. What you can stack are HY and BOL patterns. Which will then fire off and the weapon needs to cycle to fire again. This was tested in beta and globals set accordingly. You can NEVER fire HY 3 twice instantly... however if you have 2 torps in the front you CAN fire them every 3 seconds. Or you can spin and fire a rear one. (There is a 3 second global cool down on torp tubes) Yes all these issues came up back in beta and the globals where set,
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Also, you seem pretty testy for someone who IS NOT cheating in any way.
Its because I'm a big cheat... not testy. Just explaining some of the workings of the game to people that don't seem to understand. no offense intended
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Its because I'm a big cheat... not testy. Just explaining some of the workings of the game to people that don't seem to understand. no offense intended
Well, as long as it IS NOT cheating in any way, I guess it's all cool.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.King
So i'm getting destroyed in a pug pvp, I'm flying Klingon looking at a tasty crusier (all by himself go figure ) we all unload on him and lo and behold its a trap, Who would of thunk.

In the process of getting creamed on multiple attack runs by the Feds I noticed that one Escort has 2 copies of HY3 torpedoes running at the same time, So casually in zone chat I ask how he gets 2 copies of HY3. Both him and one of his buddies pipe up its becuase of Tactical initiative and its not cheating.

First, I never accused him of cheating (although he was real quick to respond and defend himself), second his buddy jumped to his defense also that it was not cheating using the same explaination (Tact Init).

Am I missing something here or is it what I think it is? He was also quick to point out that the "double" use of skills was fixed in the last patch (lol, was he guilty of using them and posssibly still is???).

Thoughts?

ps, he refused to use ANY Torpedoes the rest of that match
I don't pvp but i do run two copies of HY3. Don't need tactical inititive or anything at all you just need to use one, then wait 15 use 2 then you have 15 seconds with 2 copies up on torps.

Personally I never double load them like that. I use two copies of rapid fire cannons, beam overload and hy3. and just cycle them both every 15 seconds. Makes for a lot of damage (maybe not perfect) but works for me.

So no, they aren't breaking any rules and don't even necessarily need to be tactical officers of have photonic bridge officer. Just two copies of HY(whatever you want)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
I don't think you understand the nature of the "Stacking" You can Not stack Rapid fire to have 2 copies and double dmg. You Can not stack Attack Patterns to increase damage. You can not stack Target sub system abilities. What you can stack are HY and BOL patterns. Which will then fire off and the weapon needs to cycle to fire again. This was tested in beta and globals set accordingly. You can NEVER fire HY 3 twice instantly... however if you have 2 torps in the front you CAN fire them every 3 seconds. Or you can spin and fire a rear one. (There is a 3 second global cool down on torp tubes) Yes all these issues came up back in beta and the globals where set,
back in beta i ran a 7 tube raptor with nothing but high yield and spread powers loaded, ild unload the 4 forward tubes with spread and yield running, then turn and unload the 3 tail tubes, back then torps did full dmg to shields, and spread/high yield both activated at same time so you shot high yield spreads, torp shotgun.

you can thank me for global torp cd and no more high yield shotgun effect =p

in general i think they intended the torp dmg vs shields before they saw me doing so!

but ya, torp shotgun a few devs in beta with it, and it got fixed fast!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-30-2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
but ya, torp shotgun a few devs in beta with it, and it got fixed fast!
LOL your the one to blame then.

Heres hoping they take a good look at torps after this "big" ground update.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 PM.