Lt. Commander
# 61
09-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Greetings, everybody. I hope you all had a fulfilling summer - if you had one at all, that is.

First and certainly foremost, I am pleased to announce that Az'Ric has been promoted to the rank of Chief! Az'ric has been a large contributor to the Fleet Bank and has become a popular face in-game and within the fleet. So congratulations, Az'ric!

With GSIO01 back in action, work on the Fleet Bank has resumed with a vengeance and as usual, we aim to reopen the back for all as soon as possible. We are in the process of finalising new bank mechanics, so don't worry, it hasn't been forgotton about! But there are some interesting times ahead....

In the previous update, I announced the impending arrival of the members of USS Liberty Fleet. I am happy to say that their roleplay is almost ready to make a start. When the time comes, news on this will be published as and when. So I'm looking forward to what becomes of our partnership!

As you may or may not be aware, Griffiths was recently appointed as a TLO Moderator. As such, he has stood down from his position as Roleplay Director. Griffiths has been a pleasure to work with in this position, and of course, we wish him well in his new post. Griffiths will still, however, be remaining in the role of STO Diplomat. This, however, has left the role of Roleplay Director free. As such, we have chosen to appoint Brex as the fleet's new Roleplay Director. We believe that this is a role that will suit Brex perfectly given his passion for Star Trek Online roleplay and his administrative skills in this area. Congratulations and good luck, Brex!

Thank you to everyone who has provided division updates in what admittedly, has been quite a slow week. But I'm sure it will pick up soon enough! Once again, congratulations Az'ric and Brex. But also, please join in thanking Griffiths for his work as Roleplay Director. So to sign off, I leave you with a quote from Griffiths himself.

Quote:
"As I leave the role of RP Director, I'm delighted to learn Brex will be taking over the Role Playing sub-division. He is very passionate about our RP's, and I'm quite confident he'll do a great job"
- Griffiths

Attention fleet members, we have something of a competition brewing! For some time now, TLO fleet members have been posting their many screenshots of their time in Star Trek Online. But now, I want them to send me their very best shots. Why? To win something of a prize, of course. Once you have your ultimate screenshot, upload it, and send it over to me (Grizz) via PM on the TLO boards by Friday 9th September when all of the submissions will be judged by members of the STO Leadership team to decide on a winner - which will be announced on Saturday 10th September.

The winner with the best image will recieve a Virtual Cryptic Points Card worth 1500 Cryptic Points. The second place runner up will also receive 500 Cryptic Points to be redeemed for his or her account.

Each member is limited to one image, and once sent, it cannot be changed. So think carefully, and make it count.

Good luck, and get snapping! Stay safe.

Signed,

Staff Officer Grizz
Star Trek Online Fleet Commanding Officer for The Last Outpost
Lt. Commander
# 62
09-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Still recruiting, by chance?
Lt. Commander
# 63
09-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Most certainly - our doors are always open!

http://last-outpost.net/
Lt. Commander
# 64
09-05-2011, 05:40 AM
Our new and improved doors, I might add.

We have recently revamped out website, so feel free to check it out!

In other news, I have stepped down and passed all my prior duties to Grizz. I will be heading up the RP however and co-ordinating how they work together. Some very exciting stuff planned!
Lt. Commander
# 65
09-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Greetings from the VKF.
Lt. Commander
The past month has been one of great change here at TLO: Our new forums and website have been launched, a new SRP will soon be chosen, and with the tenures of two of our Councilors ending, elections are now being held. Read on for more information!

Website Upgrades & Newsletter

TLO is currently in the process of upgrading its website to an all-new, bigger, shinier layout, and adding even more content that's sorted in a better, clearer way! This began with the new forums released in August, and continues now as the main site gets its overhaul. We hope you like the new design, but please bear in mind that we are not done yet - in the coming weeks, we will be fine-tuning the layout, adding content, streamlining the process of joining the site and downloading custom content (as well as RPGXCE), and soliciting member feedback - keep a look out for even more changes coming your way soon!

In the meantime, we are still hard at work on TLO's first newsletter, and we are recruiting writers and editors to help us! Show off your talents, come up with great ideas, and help TLO - see the jobs postings for more information.

Financial Report

Thanks once again to a donation from Grizz, we have already met and exceeded our donation goal of $16 for the month of September. Here's our financial status at a glance:
- Our current balance is $162.05 USD
- Costs this month were $37.95 USD ($19.95 servers + $3 webhosting + $15 for an emergency backup restoration during website construction)
- We currently have enough standing funds to operate for another seven months, or another three months without going below $100 in funds.

Thanks again to all who have donated - we appreciate your support!

SRPs & Server Activity

Coinciding with the beginning of the fall season, we've seen a bit of a slump in server activity this past month - however, TLO remains the most active RPG-X server and one of the most active overall Elite Force servers. In SRP news:

- Star Trek: Frontlines continues in its second season.
- Star Trek: Dauntless continues in its first season.
- As well, Star Trek: Banting will be continuing at its current timeslot
- Star Trek: Schisms, Volume III - Redemption has been put on permanent hiatus. An SRP poll is now open for its spot!

Upcoming events include The Deeps by Veritas - later this month! Check our events forum to learn more, and look for a new events poll coming soon. Additionally, we are currently looking for talented, driven RPG-X players to help us manage our server. If you think you have what it takes, consider applying today!

The STO Division

The STO division continues to grow. Here's some highlights:

- The STO staff is holding a screenshot competition! Submit your best shots today.
- The fleet bank has been reorganized by GSIO01, requisitions officer, to handle overflow and streamline access rules. Thanks to everyone who keeps it stocked with items and credits!

As always, if you have any questions, concerns or comments, don't hesitate to ask us!

Veritas & The Council
Lt. Commander
# 67
09-11-2011, 03:52 AM
Congratulations to Brex and Xeiranis who submitted the winning screenshots and are taking home the prizes!

Well done!
Lt. Commander
# 68
09-11-2011, 04:50 AM
'A slow week?' Why, I do believe I spoke too soon.

Star Trek Online Division Announcements
If you missed it, we have our two winners in the Submit Your Shots division competition, with Brex taking home the top spot, and Xeiranis a worthy runner up. For more details and to take a look at the winning images, click here. Congratulations to both, but also commiserations to the other entrants. Thank you for participating. Keep an eye out for more chances to win in the future.

GSIO01 has unveiled the new Fleet Bank which has gone live! A lot of work has gone into preparing the new system for the Fleet Bank, and during this time it has been closed. For more information on the status of the bank, and instructions on how the new Fleet Bank works, please do take a look at the following pages.

Fleet Bank Status
Item Pack Requests
Fleet Bank Storage Item Requisition

Thanks to everyone who has worked to get the Fleet Bank reopened as soon as possible.

Star Trek Online News

One piece of news has certainly overshadowed all else regarding Star Trek Online, and that is the confirmation of free-to-play coming our way, courtesy of Perfect World. Cryptic have developed a F2P matrix to feed us the information we require to make an informed decision on the free-to-play model under development. Of course, it is very much still under development and all information is subject to change before this goes live. So check it out HERE and tell us, and Cryptic, what you think!

The Borg have arrived! I'm certain you have already noticed, as they are quite unmissable, but the invasion is under way across Federation and Klingon space! Keep an eye out for distress calls in sector space so taht you may join the fight against the collective in that sector. When this happens, click the Red Alert button to be transported to the nearest Red Alert Zone. Each zone gives you a 15 minute limit to defeat the Borg armada before an extra adversary appears. To read more, see the news article.

For more news, check out the following links:

Computer Ed Interviews Dan Stahl
Captain's Log talks Free-to-Play
Ask Cryptic: September 2011
Release Notes: September 1st 2011
Release Notes: September 2nd 2011

Final Thought

So much more of an interesting week and a half since the last division update. The Fleet Bank, Free-To-Play, Competitions and Borg Invasions. Hopefully this upwards trend will continue in to the future. If you missed them, on the TLO front, the September 2011 update has been fielded by Veritas, and the Council Elections are under way - so be sure to check them out.

Today, instead of leaving you with a quote from a member of the Leadership team, I instead repost an answer from Dan Stahl regarding a question many have asked regarding the STO Free-to-Play mode.

Quote:
Q: Ooiue: How will this new F2P model affect monthly subscribers?

A: The F2P model will bring lots of new items to the game as well as regular content releases, both of which are required to maintain F2P sized player levels. By having a monthly stipend of c-points to spend, you’ll not only be able to pick up new items as they are released, but you’ll benefit from new content that is being made. Other than lots more people, the game shouldn’t feel that much different than it does now.
See you next time. When there may be some more important news to share...heh, heh..

Stay safe!

Signed,

Staff Officer Grizz
Star Trek Online Division CO
Lt. Commander
# 69
09-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Greetings from the VKF.
Lt. Commander
# 70
09-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks for dropping by, Phoenix!