Lt. Commander
# 71
09-18-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm happy to say that our doors remain open for anyone wishing to join an open, friendly and welcoming fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 72
09-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Greetings everyone,

It’s been a goal of the council since the founding of TLO to make the leadership as open to the membership as possible without sacrificing the ability to frankly discuss things behind the secrecy of the council chambers. We’ve been discussing among each other for several sessions about how we can continue to make the council more open, and we feel that we are ready to take the next step in this process.

The council will begin posting the results of the votes it takes, with the exception of acceptance, promotions, and disciplinary votes. Also, if a matter is deemed very sensitive, a councilor can move that it be considered secretly, and if that is seconded, the vote will not be reported. This will apply retroactively to all votes that have taken place this council term. These will generally be posted weekly in the new council disclosure forum, where all TLO members can see not only the result of the vote, but how members voted.

The forum (located as a sub-forum of the Wardroom) is read-only forum, so we encourage members with questions/comments about a vote to direct those questions/comments to the relevant council member(s). For a more open discussion, members can also create discussion topics in the wardroom if they desire.

Additionally, the council will begin meeting weekly on MSN. This will allow us all to stay better “in touch” with more of the executive functions of the council to make sure that everyone is on the same page. Minutes of this meeting will be taken by a member of the council, and will also be posted in this disclosure forum for members to look over. The minutes will also reflect which councilors were present or absent. The council will reserve the rights in these meetings to go to “closed session” to consider sensitive matters, if moved and seconded by another member of the council.

We hope that these measures will help make the council more open, and we will look to see how we can further increase transparency in the future. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about these changes, feel free to contact me.

On a final note, I am pleased to announce that Community Day will be happening in a few weeks. Community Day has been scheduled for Saturday, October 15th, probably in the afternoon EST and evening GMT. More information, including more specific times, will be posted soon (probably in the October monthly report). For our newer members, Community Days happen every few months. At these events, we give out promotions and awards to members in recognition for their accomplishments over the past few months. Any specific questions about community day should be addressed to the events councilor, Grizz.

Signed,

Flag Officer Jenson
Chairman of the Council
Lt. Commander
# 73
10-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Greetings from the VKF.
Lt. Commander
# 74
10-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Let's tracter the page back into a proper orbit for you.
Lt. Commander
# 75
10-14-2011, 04:17 AM
The 1st Cavalry Division remains an ally of The Last Outpost. Wanted to make sure you know of a multi-fleet ops being sponsored by the United Fleet Coalition of which 1st Cav is a part.

What: UFC Joint Fleet OPS -- Klingon Scout Force / Breaking The Planet
Date/Time: Saturday, Oct. 22 @ 1pm (EST)

Members of the various fleets of the United Fleets Coalition are invited to participate in a joint fleet ops whereby we will first defeat the "Klingon Scout Force" followed by deal with forces on the ground in "Breaking The Planet."
Lt. Commander
# 76
10-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Thank you for the invite, 1st Cavalry Division!
Lt. Commander
# 77 New Fleet CO Announced
10-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Since being appointed as CO of the Star Trek Online division for The Last Outpost, we have improved the lines of communication between leadership and membership, made great reforms to the Fleet Bank, introduced morale boosting contests, welcomed a bulk of new members into our community and continued to run a successful Serial Roleplay of which a second is preparing to launch. But most of all, we have acted on member feedback to try and shape the division into what you want it to be.

What you didn't want to see, we didn't progress with. What you did want to see, and what you wanted to see more of, we expanded upon and continued to run with. But my time to lead the charge has come to an end. These past months, I haven't been alone. I have been able to rely on a team who have helped our division to flourish. But by my side, I have also had a loyal colleague who has been with me every step of the way, and also my natural successor who I trust will continue to build upon the foundations we have laid.

I am therefore delighted to announce that with immediate effect, Central Plexus has been appointed the Commanding Officer of the Star Trek Online division. Congratulations!

Central Plexus's great activity level, contributions and dedication within TLO and the Star Trek Online universe has earned him the respect of the STO division and as such, I believe that he will make an excellent CO to guide the division in to the future. I would also like to thank him for his work up to now as Executive Officer of the fleet - without him, I wouldn't have got this far.

Well done, Plexus, and good luck!

If you have any questions/comments/concerns about this or any other matter, please don't hesitate to contact myself or any other member of The Last Outpost council.

One to beam up!

Grizz
Lt. Commander
# 78
10-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Greetings all,

I'm Central Plexus, newly appointed CO of the Star Trek Online division here at The Last Outpost. Firstly, I'd like to thank Grizz for performing admirably in the position. I sincerely hope I can fill her shoes!

Be on the lookout for new and exciting things right here, and on our website at http://last-outpost.net/forum/ as well!

Thanks
Central Plexus
Star Trek Online CO
Lt. Commander
# 79
11-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Stay tuned for a special "Deep Space 8" event scheduled in the coming weeks! More news to come soon!

-Plexus
Lt. Commander
# 80
11-02-2011, 12:41 PM
A friendly hello from the TOS Veterans Fleet to bump our friends up to the top of the forums.