Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
My strategy wins.
trolling ftw
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-30-2011, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Gee
Itís a shame none of your points actually work in the game. If you do as you say, 90% of the time you will be on the loosing team. But hey, keep doing it, as long as you are not on my team Iím happy.
This is just an awesome quote........I can't breathe from laughing so hard.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-30-2011, 05:47 AM
It's really easy to get out of a spawn camp in C&H. I've spawned into a few matches and then been destroyed when I wan't paying attention, but you can be sure that the next time I respawn I'll be ready with an engine battery and evasive maneuvers. If the enemy is firing at me then they are probably facing me, so they probably aren't going to manage a 180 before I'm way out of range.

If the enemy team is spawncamping it's usually pretty easy to cap a few points from them, which will either make them leave the spawn, or win the game for you. EIther way it solves the problem.

I'll admit that I'm one of those players who runs off solo and caps unguarded points. I'm not exactly trying to avoid the fight, but if the enemy is all balled up somewhere, that's obviously the way they want to fight, and it doesn't make much sense to fight the way your enemy wants you to. Usually it takes 2-3 of them to come hunt me down, which should be helping my team out elsewhere.

I will often flee a fight, but sometimes it's more effective to just die in place. It really depends on the circumstances. If I have 4 or 5 enemies fighting me, then I'll run just to stretch the fight out. Making them spend a couple minutes running me down actually takes them out of the fight longer than if I somehow managed to blow them all up. I'll also usually run rather than get into a 1 on 1 with something I'm unlikely to kill quickly in my current ship -- when 2 Star Cruisers fight, no one wins.

Usually whichever team can have the fewest people fighting without actually getting wiped out will win. IF one side can keep 4 people in a fight against 8, the side with fewer people in the fight will win since they have more people free to cap points. If you get frustrated by enemies grouped up at your spawn point then go somewhere else -- they are leaving something open by camping there. You don't have to stand and fight just because someone shot at you. Don't let your enemy set the rules of the fight.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-30-2011, 07:23 AM
CnH tactics come in two varieties most commonly used.
1) the roving mass that captures the Cap points
2) the roving mass that ties up the enemy with combat to keep them too busy to Cap.

Classic KDF technique and it works very well unless the players get the "bloodrage " going and do not remember to break off to continue Capping.
it also is even more effective if the team in question can swap assingments midgame and use a "free safety" aproach as well.

I would think a roving spawn point on the exterior of the map would solve spawn camping though.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-30-2011, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Gee
Itís a shame none of your points actually work in the game. If you do as you say, 90% of the time you will be on the loosing team. But hey, keep doing it, as long as you are not on my team Iím happy.
Find 4 friends you can trust and run pretty much what I told you and you will NEVER loose. I gave you a good half of a stradagy we used to run when we where known as another fleet starting with R. lol

We played hundreds of the cap and holds and I think in 6 months of running our "Cap and Slap" we lost perhaps 2 or so, in cases where the feds outnumbered us 2 to 1 thanks to the ques. (Mostly we still won those games) lol

3 ships Slap 2 Ships Cap. Cap ships cap, and throw in presure to push balls in X direction if needed, one person watches caps and calls return to cap.

Every point I made are reasons the cap and slap works.

Honestly we don't have the energy to run military games anymore. Pew Pew
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Find 4 friends you can trust and run pretty much what I told you and you will NEVER loose. I gave you a good half of a stradagy we used to run when we where known as another fleet starting with R. lol

We played hundreds of the cap and holds and I think in 6 months of running our "Cap and Slap" we lost perhaps 2 or so, in cases where the feds outnumbered us 2 to 1 thanks to the ques. (Mostly we still won those games) lol

3 ships Slap 2 Ships Cap. Cap ships cap, and throw in presure to push balls in X direction if needed, one person watches caps and calls return to cap.

Every point I made are reasons the cap and slap works.

Honestly we don't have the energy to run military games anymore. Pew Pew
This is truth..

Neither my or Jons idea of C&H are particulary effective by itself, a team that coordinate both parts will obviously be superior.

Oh well.. As long as I can blow people up Im happy.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-30-2011, 10:27 AM
How dare you all! You in particular Meline! Have you no shame? Have no remorse? No regret for all those killed turrets and players (happen to pose as turrets)? CCCCCCC!

And those ugly klinks! What is up with the bias?

LOL thread
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Sounds like it's not only Gaddafi upset about a no-fly zone
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-30-2011, 12:23 PM
This gives me the perfect reason tonight to plan capture and hold in my shuttle. FOR NARNIA!