Lt. Commander
# 1 The Art Asset Request Thread
03-30-2011, 01:21 AM
Hey, guys!

Back in closed beta, we started an art asset thread with requests. Post your ideas (and pictures) here!

General Functionality:
  • "Snap" feature for placing interior or exterior objects (i.e doors snap to a location on a wall, or objects snap to ground)
  • Simple Object animation (i.e. cargo tram from Mine Enemy)
  • More animal types and passive or angry AI kits
  • Red/yellow alert
  • Generic Dialogue "Portraits" (i.e. generic "book" NPC portrait used in FDC missions where you use a computer)
  • Anonymous Portraits (i.e. silhouette)
  • Remove sections of map from overhead display (i.e. mask layer)
  • Beam/warp out to ahve an object disappear from map (instead of trigger appear/disappear)
  • Control Away Team Size
  • Disable NPC at varying health levels (i.e. if >50%, then tell client it's "dead" for completing an objective)
  • Improve Overhead View (either full 3D placement or improved object display, instead of green boxes)
  • Ambient Sound volumes
  • Patrol path options (i.e. see nodes that NPCs go between)
  • Non-aggro objective (i.e. while doing task x, also don't aggro mobs)
  • Lone, big-bad type encounters that aren't spawning several associates (configurable, if possible)
  • Destructable Objects
  • Turrets/mines placeable (both space and ground)
  • Height/weight sliders for ground costumes
  • Scale sliders for space costumes)
  • Ability to mix KDF & Fed costume parts
  • Hologram animation for ground/space costumes (much like Cardassian Ground mob - flickers)

Map-type Requests:
  • More flat maps.
  • More interior maps that are empty.
  • More generic layout but faction-specific map interiors
  • More assets that are split apart like the auction light.
  • Shuttle Interiors
  • Faction-specific shuttlebays
  • Complete and undestroyed ship interior (like Second Star to the Right... but sans the explosions)
  • THE NEW ESD INTERIOR (there's only the old one currently!)
  • All water exterior map.

Requests (by type):
Ground:
  • Landed Spacecraft
    • Shuttle (Toron, Delta Flyer, Galileo, etc.)
    • Bird of Prey (parked like in the TOS films)
  • Spacecraft wreckage (more factions, more diverse)
  • A bajoran orb
  • More plain grey rock platform
  • Textured platforms and building blocks that match Fed and Klingon ship floors.
  • Textured platforms that match Fed and Klingon ceilings.
  • Fed walls without doors.
  • Platforms with carpet and other floor textures.
  • Consoles from Differen Eras (i.e. TOS, TNG LCARS, etc.)
  • Different main Engineering sets
  • More Building Blocks for Generic Hallways
  • Slightly Scaled down corridors
  • Large, cargo doors (i.e. for forklifts)
  • TOS Interior
  • Gun Turrets
  • Cups, small drink containers, plates of food
  • Water features - ponds, fountains, pools, etc....
  • More Exterior/Ground Building/Faction-specific buildings/detail "kits":
  • More Diverse interior sets
  • Sehlat CUB (sehlats are currently older/larger)
  • Curved wall Kits
  • Federation Vests (Picard, First Contact; Kirk, Generations)
  • Objects that work for ceiling props (i.e. strip ceilings from other kits and make them detail objects)
  • Repurpose klingon bridge as Federation Hauler/Transport by swapping Klingon Display for LCARS
  • Borg nodes from The Cure
  • Iconian Gateway Effects or Objects
  • Piles of wood for campfire.
  • More Klingon Hairstyles
  • Klingon War Helmets
  • Higher quality era-specific interiors (i.e. definitive TNG, DS9, VOY, etc. interiors)
  • Ground weapons and equipment that can be place on interiors.
  • Photon/Quantum Torpedo Casings
  • Improved Building Blocks (i.e. horizontal ones that match more floors from faction building kits,vertical ones that match wall themes)
  • A Beagle (see ENT)
  • Either more damaged pieces or damaged debris and FX for use in interiors
  • Historical Art Assets
  • More pre-warp buildings
  • Transporter Pad
  • More Faction Specific Uniforms (Cardassians, Ferengi, Bajoran, etc.)
  • DS9-style airlock

Space:
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2011, 01:23 AM
[reserved for more]
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2011, 01:57 AM
my only requests would be
1. a creature creator, humanoid non humanoid and non corporeal forms. with body parts and positioning, skin textures and blending (including transparent or semitransparent), automatic color blending space, sky, land, water based. that sort of stuff. basically ways to create exotic and semi familiar alien life for exploration missions - if the devs really wanted to get into it, make plant based life creation too
2. ships that can be created using a similar system for the same or similar reasons.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-30-2011, 02:14 AM
Starship Wreckage (Federation, ground)
Crashed Shuttles
a "Damaged Skin" option for all starship costumes, so that any custom ship can be turned "damaged"
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2011, 04:23 AM
  • Gun Turrets
  • Cups, small drink containers, plates of food
  • Water features - ponds, fountains, pools, etc....
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-30-2011, 07:23 AM
Ground - Interior
1. Types of LCARS to display on certain panels
2. Different main Engineering sets
3. More Building Blocks for Generic Hallways
4. Slightly Scaled down corridors
5. "Snap" feature for placing interior or exterior objects (i.e doors snap to a location on a wall, or objects snap to ground)

Space - Exterior
1. "Snap" Feature for building or assembling components for a Base
2. Weapon points to customize or disable on Station pieces
3. Cardassian orbital Defense Platforms from DS9

all I can think of for now
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Here is a short list:

Small requests:

1. A bajoran orb - there is a great effect called starburst that simulates an orb experience, but we can only use it at ds9 or in the cave with the orb.
2. A plain grey rock platform. The one that we have has a piece of the border at one cornor, and it doesn't look very good set in the middle of four other rock platforms.
3. Textured platforms and building blocks that match Fed and Klingon ship floors.
4. Textured platforms that match Fed and Klingon ceilings.
5. Fed walls without doors.
6. Platforms with carpet and other floor textures.

Medium requests:

1. More flat maps. It's nearly impossible to build on some of the planets, even with platforms. I've kind of given up doing anything with most of the ground maps, unless the mission involves romping through nature looking for a contact.
2. More interior maps that are empty. Aside from putting the occasional console in a specific spot, it is very difficult to use many of the sets because there is always something in the way, whether it's a table or a fire or a other asset inside the map that we cannot remove or manipulate. These are the trees of an interior set that make it difficult to build unique locations.
3. More assets that are split apart like the auction light. If we had more pairs, we could do a ton of things with triggers, like turn lights off and on.

Big Requests:

1. LEGOS. There is so much that we could do with parts of a Fed interior (like different tunnels) that come in shapes that can be combined. Shapes include: I L T C, X, + and different cornors, along with standard rooms with open doors, like Engineering that can connect to those legos. One Fed or Klingon set, broken into 9 or 10 legos that could connect to each will allow us to make unique corridors and sets.

More to come.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Primarily, doors which are big enough to get the cargolifts and forklifts through. You know the ones which some people blathered and moaned about at launch until they were removed from the game completely? Well they aren't quite gone completely; they're still in the tutorial (Fed) so can we have them added to Foundry please as all my cargo is stuck in a cargo bay with no means to move it around if the transporter fails.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Turrets of both ground and space variety. Not just the little ones that engineers drop, but the big automated ones that you encounter in missions.

The animals from the recent featured series as enemies. The geometry is in, as contacts, but then they don't behave properly. I'm talking about the spiders, mostly, but all of that would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Update:
  • Added a bulk of suggestions