Lt. Commander
is it possible for example to spawn just a dehar master rather him AND his support group?

I woud like to have just single enemys.

?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2011, 11:03 AM
If I remember right it is possible but It gets a little screwy when you try doing it.

I'm not sure if this works still works (or did work for that matter, it's been a while since I've been working on Foundry stuff), but you could have one appear at a particular section. You'll have to move the other actors to another part of the map that cannot be accessed by either the player or the NPCs. The drawback is that you can't have "kill the Dahar Master" as an objective since the Foundry will assume that you want the player to target the entire group and since they are inaccessible the mission cannot be completed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranman1988 View Post
If I remember right it is possible but It gets a little screwy when you try doing it.

I'm not sure if this works still works (or did work for that matter, it's been a while since I've been working on Foundry stuff), but you could have one appear at a particular section. You'll have to move the other actors to another part of the map that cannot be accessed by either the player or the NPCs. The drawback is that you can't have "kill the Dahar Master" as an objective since the Foundry will assume that you want the player to target the entire group and since they are inaccessible the mission cannot be completed.
This is accurate. You can also set the z or y axis to put them underground. However, as stated you won't be able to complete a kill objective.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2011, 10:35 AM
cool i was considering moving the actors but wondered on the effect it would have.

as long as that noc isnt part of an objective its all cool.

Thanks guys
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2011, 11:10 AM
IS this on an interior map or a ground map?
You can Theoretically spawn npcs at a height and drop them to get your spawn to the number you want....but I haven't had a chance to test this fully.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Actually I discovered a very interesting trick. Say you want to fignht Just one sword master... and you want it to count as kill for mission objective.. well i found a work around to make it work. Spawn you group as usual. Move all actors but the sword master to an inacessible part of the map (this works better in interior maps with rooms you have closed off. Also spawn a bunch of fed groups or klingons if you happend to be a klink player at the same location as the actors you moved. Since they ar considered enemeies they will figth automatically without you doing anytihing. As long as your oppsoing forces are overwhelming they will obliterate your orginal spawned group and when you kill the swordmaster you will get the kill credit. It works but requires you to be able to spawn things well away from any viewing by the player.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Adding on to this question: How can you generate one enemy ship in a space mission? I've played other missions that only have one battleship come in, but I don't know how you can do that.