Lt. Commander
# 251
04-15-2011, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
Fun Fact: Caspar van Dien (Rico of Starship Troopers) is nicknamed "Tarzan".....
Uh...why?

In our special collections, we have a couple of early prints of Tarzan.
Lt. Commander
# 252
04-15-2011, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrano
Its ok, I am still working on LilRaveGirl about how awesome the music from the 80s is
Show her this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkE-UKVEdCo

Awesomeness beyond awesomeness...

A Pet Shop Boys song made even better...
Lt. Commander
# 253
04-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Thanatos View Post
Show her this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkE-UKVEdCo

Awesomeness beyond awesomeness...

A Pet Shop Boys song made even better...
Pretty nice.
Though, I wonder what LilRave thinks of Vangelis, as she does alot of music via keyboards and synths (and she is really good, I enjoy her work), which was something he really brought to popularity in movies like Chariots of Fire (1981) and Blade Runner (1982).
Lt. Commander
# 254
04-15-2011, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Uh...why?

In our special collections, we have a couple of early prints of Tarzan.
I dunno why. I was just looking up Tarzan on IMDB and it said it. Apparently he's also the 20th Tarzan (Tarzan and the Lost City)
Lt. Commander
# 255
04-15-2011, 06:09 AM
Quote:
I dunno why. I was just looking up Tarzan on IMDB and it said it. Apparently he's also the 20th Tarzan (Tarzan and the Lost City)
Well, that makes sense, lol.
I am kind of mixed on his acting though. Thought he really fit his role in Starship Troopers, but really havn't seen him fit in other roles very well. Kind of like Billy Zane, enjoyed him as The Phantom, but seems to try too hard in other roles.
Lt. Commander
# 256
04-15-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Pretty nice.
Though, I wonder what LilRave thinks of Vangelis, as she does alot of music via keyboards and synths (and she is really good, I enjoy her work), which was something he really brought to popularity in movies like Chariots of Fire (1981) and Blade Runner (1982).
Keyboards?

Direct her to Jean-Michel Jarre, even if his career started in the 70s ( remember "Oxygen" ? ), same with Mike Oldfield. "Five miles out" is not something to sneeze at.

A group that took good advantage of keyboards, Ultravox:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9WdUgn0XkU

80s are the age of techno and The Golden Age of videoclips.

Even some heavy metal groups tried their hands at doing music with keyboards added. Some fans hated it, and some loved it, as always. Judas priest and their "Turbo Lover" come to mind.

Another female singer, though the song is from 1979:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SObti-rcOWY

Yes, this goddess pre-dates Madonna. And she still sings, AFAIK.
Lt. Commander
# 257
04-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Well, that makes sense, lol.
I am kind of mixed on his acting though. Thought he really fit his role in Starship Troopers, but really havn't seen him fit in other roles very well. Kind of like Billy Zane, enjoyed him as The Phantom, but seems to try too hard in other roles.
Both are mediocre actors that really got lucky with a handful of roles....That's true.

Neither will ever be Oscar winners I guess...but they both have their fans. And Caspar van Dien is actually a Soap Opera actor...and he's got a strong fanbase from that.
Lt. Commander
# 258
04-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Both are mediocre actors that really got lucky with a handful of roles....That's true.

Neither will ever be Oscar winners I guess...but they both have their fans. And Caspar van Dien is actually a Soap Opera actor...and he's got a strong fanbase from that.
True...
too bad they are cancelling two more soaps by 2012.