Lt. Commander
I ran through my mission with a 5 man team of players last night and noticed that the mission difficulty did not scale properly after the first map transition.

The first map worked great. For example, what would normally be a single Borg sphere in solo mode turned into 2 cubes and 3 spheres. However, after the first map transition and for the rest of the mission maps, all the mobs defaulted back to single player difficulty, resulting in a rather boring cakewalk for the team.

My mission's map transitions are as follows: space > ground interior > space > ground exterior.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Ground never scales.

The second space map didn't scale to team size, though?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Ground never scales.

The second space map didn't scale to team size, though?
Ahh... didn't know that about ground mobs. Thanks for the response.

The second space map only has one battle: Borg squadron - Battleship 01. In solo mode this is a single Borg cube. When we encountered it in the 5 man, it remained just a single, lowly cube. I had hopes of a tactical cube spawning.

So, now I can't be sure what's going on. Could just be the way that one particular mob is rigged or bugged and has nothing to do with any transitions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2011, 03:02 AM
About scaling, I have no problem with that. But could you please add a Dreadnought group for all races even for single player? We can add friendly groups to compensate, but a Dreadnought fight is definately something many people would like to do even in single player.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2011, 02:20 PM
BorrowedTune, as far as I can tell, the problem is with the Borg Battleship itself. We're verifying that now.

Have you tried any of the other battleship encounters? (I'm doing this some myself now, but it's still difficult to test. )

I'll edit to add that we tested at least a couple battleship groups, and I suspect that none of them scale.
Most of the rest of the encounters seem to, though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
BorrowedTune, as far as I can tell, the problem is with the Borg Battleship itself. We're verifying that now.

Have you tried any of the other battleship encounters? (I'm doing this some myself now, but it's still difficult to test. )

I'll edit to add that we tested at least a couple battleship groups, and I suspect that none of them scale.
Most of the rest of the encounters seem to, though.
Yeah, not so easy to test. It requires publishing a mission then getting a group of players together. I'll see if I can, perhaps, publish a quick test mission on tribble this weekend and round up a few fleeties... though most would probably prefer a visit to the dentist.

I'll post the mission ID here... perhaps some folks around here on the forums can get a group or two together.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2011, 04:52 PM
It turns out I can hack my way around the team requirement, so no worries about testing these all yourself. Thank you for your help, though.

And thanks for the bug report!

EDIT:
In my testing I've found really inconsistent behavior for this. :\