Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-31-2011, 03:00 AM
I'd be quite happy for the tet proc to increase by a fair margin, as much as 500hp. Id also be happy if they changed it so it only affected the facing shield rather than all shields, just to make up for the boost.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-31-2011, 03:31 AM
Maybe the Tetryon Proc should not be a proc at all, but simply be a fixed (much smaller value) of shield drain?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-31-2011, 04:28 AM
Or change the proc to a shield damage resist debuff,much like the Disruptor proc does to the hull....?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-31-2011, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Or change the proc to a shield damage resist debuff,much like the Disruptor proc does to the hull....?
If it were tied in with debuffs it would undoubtedly suffer from diminishing returns.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-31-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Maybe the Tetryon Proc should not be a proc at all, but simply be a fixed (much smaller value) of shield drain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Or change the proc to a shield damage resist debuff,much like the Disruptor proc does to the hull....?
I like the concept of both these ideas.

On a Tet DBB fully speced I've seen the Proc chance sometimes be as high as 33% to take effect and drop shields very well in the past. Unfortunately once the shields are down the damage output was no longer as effective and the proc of course is not in use against bare hull.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-31-2011, 07:25 AM
I do have a slightly easier time removing someone's shields with my Tetryon weapons than a guy with Disruptors does

(Phasers have it the easiest, since their proc rate is Broken and it's a total Shut Down rather than a gradual stripping)

That being said, the proc is not worth the point cost. The only reason I use tetryons is because I love the color of them. If I had a shield drain build already, I'd use them to augment that just a little bit. But it's not something you can count on happening.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
That being said, the proc is not worth the point cost. The only reason I use tetryons is because I love the color of them. If I had a shield drain build already, I'd use them to augment that just a little bit. But it's not something you can count on happening.
The color is what initially made me want to run them .
I guess in theory, the idea behind energy weapons is to strip shields as fast as possible, and then fire a burst of torpedoes. Of course this isn't really how it works at VA level, where the burst damage is done mostly by cannons (or fire at will boats, as of last update).

I guess maybe if I just want the pretty colors, it might be worth it . There's no different in damage between a phaser and tetryon build...though disruptor and antiproton builds do more hull damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Polaron DH cannons have Mk Xi CritHx2 DMG weapons There the best weapons hands down in the game for a tac.
I must disagree with you on your math. Because even with a [CrtHx2] polaron weapon, your crit rates aren't going to be higher than an antiproton weapon with a single [CrtH], because their "proc" is a critical hit. So while your polaron build might take some power from my ship, my antiproton build with [CrtH] [CritD] [Acc] will crit at the same rate with higher damage. Which is why antiproton setups chew through shields and hull equally well. However, many people armor their ships against antiproton because of this, and not many armor against tetryon, except for the Neutronium armor.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-01-2011, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluerockBeing04 View Post
I must disagree with you on your math. Because even with a [CrtHx2] polaron weapon, your crit rates aren't going to be higher than an antiproton weapon with a single [CrtH], because their "proc" is a critical hit. So while your polaron build might take some power from my ship, my antiproton build with [CrtH] [CritD] [Acc] will crit at the same rate with higher damage. Which is why antiproton setups chew through shields and hull equally well. However, many people armor their ships against antiproton because of this, and not many armor against tetryon, except for the Neutronium armor.
Armour that protects against AP also protects against Polaron.

However you are mistaken as to the nature of the AP special. The only special AP weapons get is +20% to crit sevarity. (CritD)
My math is spot on.
There has been much confustion as to the way AP procs work. You can thank Cryptics Terrible info tags in game. Back in beta they toyed with some diffrent ideas, in the end AP only got the CritD bonous. For along time the tool tip mentioned a chance to bypass shields.... AP does none of these things. Basicly a AP [CritH] [CritD] [ACC] is really a [CritH] [CritD]x2 [Acc]

PS I was a bit wrong though basicly the best DHC in the game would be a MK XII [CritH]x3.... if one drops for anyone please forward it to @husanak
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Thats awsome... for a good while I ran Tetryon and Polaron I grabbed all CritHx2 off the exchange for next to nothing lol... I bound them to fire T P T P T P... it made a wicked colour.

It was funny for a week or two after I started doing it it started seeing PUG people running tet pol combos lol... I guess they liked what they saw. (Or assumed I must have found an exploit or something )
I ran a beamboat with mixed TOS and Regular Phasers.. Looked pretty nice as well.. Also did Tet/Dis once.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Armour that protects against AP also protects against Polaron.

However you are mistaken as to the nature of the AP special. The only special AP weapons get is +20% to crit sevarity. (CritD)
My math is spot on.
There has been much confustion as to the way AP procs work. You can thank Cryptics Terrible info tags in game. Back in beta they toyed with some diffrent ideas, in the end AP only got the CritD bonous. For along time the tool tip mentioned a chance to bypass shields.... AP does none of these things. Basicly a AP [CritH] [CritD] [ACC] is really a [CritH] [CritD]x2 [Acc]

PS I was a bit wrong though basicly the best DHC in the game would be a MK XII [CritH]x3.... if one drops for anyone please forward it to @husanak
I thought AP had increased critical chance, not critical severity. Guess I need to look at the description again . Hmm, I have yet to see a purple mark XII, but I've seen [CrtH]x3 Mk XI tetryon DHCs before, my old fleet leader had one. He said he bought it for about 40 million EC. That's a little rich for me...most I've ever had on a character was 3 million.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:10 AM.