> > > Hi Captains! The team is investigating an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. Thanks for your patience! < < <
We are aware there is a queue to log in at this time. We are working to get you in-game as soon as possible.
UPDATE!We're aware of a Skill Points issue that some Romulan Liberated Borg captains may be experiencing, as well as players not being able to delete mail, and are working towards a resolution.
Jolan tru Captain!
Welcome to Legacy of Romulus!
If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
- The Star Trek Online Team
"Login failed for unknown reason" error
Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
OmegaXIII will try a FAW CE-run on the KDF side Friday 8th 6pm (est). (that is midnight CET)
We do it on KDF side because there are fewer yahoos messing up stuff there.
Not sure how big a team I will be able to raise, because 6pm Friday is usually a bit early for the US members, so anyone who wants to come is welcome!
This is the tips I've posted on O13 forums. If I got something wrong, or if something needs to be added, please let me know.
- rule 1: Beam arrays only! No need for blues or purples, but beam arrays only!
- rule 2: no other damage! No GW, Tyken, Warp Plasma, TBR, Torpedos or mines!
- rule 3: Any shiptype! (BoP or sci ship are not the best because of lack of weapons slots, but are still acceptable)
- rule 4: Any profession! Scis for sensorscan, Tac's for tac-buffs, Engis for nice power buffs.
- rule 5: No shield-heals! CE damage goes straight through shields!
- rule 6: Maximum power to weapons! Use emergency power to weapons to push power beyond 125.
- rule 7: TWO COPIES OF FIRE AT WILL ON EVERY SHIP!!!!
Useful tips for ship-setup:
- EPS consoles
- No Damage Resistance Consoles. The fragments deal only physical damage, and no consoles help against this. I advice using your slots for increasing Aux and Engine power! (and at least 1 or 2 EPS consoles for the damage)
- Attack pattern Beta. (APB3 for raptors and BoPs)
- As many hull heals/resists as possible! AuxtoSIF and Hazard Emitters are very good!
(as you may be able to tell, I'm trying to suck in even our casual players, so I'm not very strickt on what must be used, as I don't want to scare off anyone)
What the game needs is a Mine redesign. All mines should lay ONE mine. Crazy right. One mIne = 110-150% of a same type torpedo. Mine patterns lay 2, 3, and 4 with damage types similer to Torpedo HY patterns, also reducing each mines dmg a bit on each tier.
Now some will say "ya but its harder to land a mine..." and their right. Which is why they should all get a stealth value. Not cloak but a stealth value, ala MES. In the shows ships ran over mines they didn't see... not into ones they did. This would reduce spam on two levels. It would also make the sensor scanning sci ship the defacto mine clearer.... kinda trek right.
Cool Downs on mines should be used to balance things like Tricobalts.... and I think Proc chances should be increased on that ONE MINE... 50% for chron why not. (right now with 5 out chron procs are guaranteed thanks to probability so believe it or not 50% proc rates would be a reduction in proc chance)
That's an excellent idea Husanak. Mines have not been quite right since beta, but I think your implementation would give them purpose, balance, and a Trekish feel that they have lacked. Having recently moved from a single-core dinosaur computer in reduced graphics mode to a new hex-core gaming rig In high resution, I can assure you that carpet-mining (or the Solar Wind map) crushes lesser graphics cards. Your solution helps prevent that while still letting people enjoy laying mines.