Lt. Commander
# 11
03-31-2011, 04:34 AM
There is one thing still giving me hope...

While it's sad to know that snix is leaving the game as a developer - he is still in as a player, and even joined a PvP fleet. If he believed PvP is dead, he wouldn't have done that, right?

BFAW seems to me the most important issue now. Maybe add Scramble, but then get the new maps going!
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-31-2011, 04:49 AM
Priority list:
1. BFAW
2. Scramble Sensors 3 bugs
3. Spam (pets and mines)
4. A new map

now get to work on it!

Seriously, "New-FAW" is gamebreaking! I see regular PvP players stopping to play because of it! Fix it, and fix it fast!!! Don't let this one silly ability do as much damage as the broken ques did!

So what fleet did Snix go to? (I know we tried to snag him, but I guess we didn't have the right appeal )
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-31-2011, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyuk
All the cool kids, and us Bob.
We're cool by association :p
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-31-2011, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
There is one thing still giving me hope...

While it's sad to know that snix is leaving the game as a developer - he is still in as a player, and even joined a PvP fleet. If he believed PvP is dead, he wouldn't have done that, right?
I played against snix and didn't even check who it was (had a hard time tryinjg to alpha him). He fought like any other decent player that doesn't abuse/exploit. This also gives me hope because it indicates the devs probably like the game they're trying to develop. Again, I have no doubt the devs currently assigned to combat/balance/PvP care about the game, but can Cryptic at least consider that PvP might actually be a valuable investment? Not sure how the C-store vs subscription income works out, but how many people would cancel their subs if they didn't get their new off-duty uniform? Is it really worth it? My intuition tells me that keeping PvP alive will indirectly generate income as well.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-31-2011, 05:27 AM
We are in the same position. When we find a game everyone will switch to, we're going to do it, as theres been no new content in a year. The Devs response to the PVP community is laughable at best. No new content in a year, aside from horrible items and broken skills that are never quite fixed. No content in a year. Oh and did I mention there hasnt been any new content in a year. But as long as Captain RP is getting his Bajorn military uniform, who needs content??
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-31-2011, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
The members in the PVP community that have yet to succumb to the boiling pot of rage against the development have tried to be civil, tried to be nice, accepting, and generally patient with your efforts to improve the game.

But what the hell are you guys doing?

Buffing BFAW was not the appropriate fix for spam. By buffing this skill you have created a lot more problems which are far beyond what spam ever was.

Are you trying to balance the game without any feedback from players? PVPers specifically?

If so that is a horrible horrible choice like driving without retinas.

Many of those PVPers that have been holding back their tongues are reaching the end of their patience, please use PVPer feedback for future game balancing attempts.

OPVP Admin / TSI Fleet Leader
Aytanhi@Miogaruna
This change was on test trible before it went live why didint you go try it out then and give feed back. Thats the way cryptic has it set up. Expecting them to come to you for your opinion is naive. The days of companys comeing to you for there service or product are gone. if you dont want the updates to go live we as a pvp community need to start going on test center and giving feed back. The sad thing is most of us are just good at *****ing. so we do this insted.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-31-2011, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Oh and did I mention there hasnt been any new content in a year.
Hey now they added a new ground map. That counts as content right? Oh right - they removed a space map. Lovely.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-31-2011, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
This also gives me hope because it indicates the devs probably like the game they're trying to develop.
I also have it from a reliable source that Stormshade likes to PvP. To the point of actually doing it in his lunch-break! This shows true dedication!
Lt. Commander
# 19 DO somthing here
03-31-2011, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
What K'eg Said. I play this game now to hang out with friends I have made in this game. If we could all decide on one other place to spend time... well I think you (Cryptic) might be out 10-20 subs. Those places we can all decide on are coming down the pike... so PLEASE listen to what Santa said hes just trying to get you off the naughty list.
True CRYPTIC I can not speak for other members of our fleet but a good number of them are just waiting for the next pvp mmo. And I am sure we will leave together.

I am a true Star trek fan BUT that alone will not keep me here I hate everything to do with the star wars world and yet if they offer more in PVP I will go to them same with guildwars2. You will receive no loyalty from me as this is not star trek
and never will be.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-31-2011, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
^This. I've seen devs in OPvP before though It's where all the cool kids hang out.
I knew I was missing out on something.
I'm so uncool.

As to the point of the thread though, on a personal level STO brought me PvP and finally acomplished (for me at least) the ability to make it fun and simple enough to enjoy, but difficult enough to require thought to participate in it.
It saddens me to see PvP fallen into what it has become and I implore you to put forth more effort to save it before its too late.

Heck, I've even become something of a budding Star Trek fan because of you.

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Well... Liking the PvP in this game is one thing. I do like it. But I can't ignore that it will get repetitive without new content.
My concerns go beyond FAW and its use. Not using it myself (though I am designing for it) I can not give any good advice on it.
I merely wish PvP to grow beyond the boxed combat it is now.