Lt. Commander
# 21
03-31-2011, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
So what fleet did Snix go to? (I know we tried to snag him, but I guess we didn't have the right appeal )
A very laidback PvP fleet, where the "premades" are 4-5 players from the same fleet, that more or less fight individually as a PUG..

While the players of the fleet do fly as a team on occassion, none of them are dependant on one another.

Guess the fleet
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-31-2011, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
A very laidback PvP fleet, where the "premades" are 4-5 players from the same fleet, that more or less fight individually as a PUG..

While the players of the fleet do fly as a team on occassion, none of them are dependant on one another.

Guess the fleet
hey, O13 could have offered him PUG-style fighting too!

guess he chose the fleet he felt had the best 'sploits...

Lt. Commander
# 23
03-31-2011, 06:06 AM
i like the FAW.

ut id like even more:

some new ground(err space) to fight over.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-31-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepez
This change was on test trible before it went live why didint you go try it out then and give feed back.
Well, we did. And iirc Jorf has stated that he asked whether it was necessary to submit tickets and was told that posting in the tribble feedback thread on the topic was sufficient.

Here are some quotes from the tribble FAW thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird
I[...] the new BFAW works as if it was the old BFAW focusing a single target, while also getting a free shot that fires at something else at the same time. If true, this is truly horrible balance. Mind numbing if this is what Cryptic intends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence
If FAW retains its "fire at any other target within its full 90/270 arc", then I would submit, the new FAW is too good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
The balance shift is pretty clear. There is no downside to the new BFAW. On Holodeck you have a serious tradeoff using FAW. You do some solid spam clearing, but you have no single target DPS unless you can isolate them somehow.

But the Tribble version does not have any downside. You get the best of both worlds, single target DPS without needing to isolate the target and powerful AOE spam clearing at the same time. There is no need to choose when to use FAW and when not to, because no matter what situation you are in, it is a DPS boost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
That's the thing, the changes are too good and everyone is going to end up using it. [...]

If you think about, it its going to make PvP worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceroid View Post
FaW will be the OMGDPSLOL button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
A full team running FAW with 6-8 beam banks is going to clear spam so fast that soon all of those extra attacks are going to be all against player ships, and as a team everyone is doing 300% damage. 300% is *not* balanced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Your right on... and with only one ship running new Faw it won't seem that OP... Until you start running into teams doing it. Then the spam goes bye bye in 2 seconds and for 13 seconds its like your fighting 10 ship;
Feedback was given and ignored.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-31-2011, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Well, we did. And iirc Jorf has stated that he asked whether it was necessary to submit tickets and was told that posting in the tribble feedback thread on the topic was sufficient.

Here are some quotes from the tribble FAW thread:

Feedback was given and ignored.
I know the thread. my comment is for the people complaining that did not go test it out. to the ones that did great job. sorry i did not put that in the first post.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-31-2011, 06:16 AM
Now while FAW itself hasn't become an instant I WIN button, if you go up a against a team using multiple copies of FAW, it definately is imho.

Hey Cryptic, I thought there wasn't supposed to be I WIN buttons in this game?
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-31-2011, 06:46 AM
Hurley was 1st out of the blocks on this, most agreed with him, and as Hilbert rightly points out, nothing happened.

I was pugging with Kai the other day and every pug we ran into was spamming it, it's starting to feel like when RSP in it's 15 second incarnation was THE only skill everyone took.

I'm not panning folk for using it, I mean, why wouldn't you? It just feels kinda lamesauce imo.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-31-2011, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
I played against snix and didn't even check who it was (had a hard time tryinjg to alpha him). He fought like any other decent player that doesn't abuse/exploit. This also gives me hope because it indicates the devs probably like the game they're trying to develop. Again, I have no doubt the devs currently assigned to combat/balance/PvP care about the game, but can Cryptic at least consider that PvP might actually be a valuable investment? Not sure how the C-store vs subscription income works out, but how many people would cancel their subs if they didn't get their new off-duty uniform? Is it really worth it? My intuition tells me that keeping PvP alive will indirectly generate income as well.
Well... Liking the PvP in this game is one thing. I do like it. But I can't ignore that it will get repetitive without new content.

Actually, when I look at my priority list - I think a broken BFAW and a SS and Spam might not even be as bad as the lack of content. The problem is only content really proves that PvP has a future and will be expanded. If there is new content, it is easy to assume that bugfixes will come with that eventually as well. But just bugfixes (or balance fixes)? They might just say: "once we got this last power right, we'll leave you guys playing and only come back when we add a new item or ship. But that isn't what we want. We want a bigger playground, _with_ working toys.

Quote:
This change was on test trible before it went live why didint you go try it out then and give feed back. Thats the way cryptic has it set up. Expecting them to come to you for your opinion is naive. The days of companys comeing to you for there service or product are gone. if you dont want the updates to go live we as a pvp community need to start going on test center and giving feed back. The sad thing is most of us are just good at *****ing. so we do this insted.
Not every single player here should need to go to Tribble and voice his concerns. People expressed their concerns, they gave their opinion and their argumentation. There didn't seem to be a strong counter-argumentation to refute the concerns.

Overall, while Tribble has done good, it hasn't always done enough, and people do remember the failures of Tribble better than the successes. That leads to less people testing there, as the assumption grows that Crypic doesn't listen anyway. BFAW is not the first issue to go from Tribble to Holodeck ignoring expressed concerns...
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-31-2011, 07:20 AM
If there are certain things or skills that are causing problems in PVP then why not eliminate their use for PVP?..Kinda just black them out or change their functionality solely for PVP...it is possible as I have seen it in other games...

Wouldn't that work instead?
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-31-2011, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepez
This change was on test trible before it went live why didint you go try it out then and give feed back. Thats the way cryptic has it set up. Expecting them to come to you for your opinion is naive. The days of companys comeing to you for there service or product are gone. if you dont want the updates to go live we as a pvp community need to start going on test center and giving feed back. The sad thing is most of us are just good at *****ing. so we do this insted.
People were posting in the tribble feedback forums before this patch even made it to holodeck, the point is nobody listened as per usual, and its not the first time.

I had posted here , first page in FAW feedback thread on tribble forums and PVP feedback forums FAW thread, I said this was the worst game balance ever and i was right. I then made another post after i used it stating my reasons why it was OP.

Once again nothing changed, As per usual it takes a massive outcry and constant whining on forums just to get basic changes made (if something does get changed like mine spam) that any player who even plays pvp can see is broken. The amount of constant forum posting just to get a half decent klingon science ship with proper turning for example , oh my god. My fleet and I must have posted at least over 20 times in multiple threads on this issue before i had a rant here and it finally got fixed. And feds just get given uber ships right of the bat aka intrepid / Prometheus / excelsior. While klingons get broken brel refit and gurumba LOL

Then just when FAW got fixed and things where fine, because some other players who doesn't have a a FK'ng clue decides to have a cry over FAW being fixed, now the devs go and implement another rush job without proper play testing or listening and following up on the feedback. And even then i still read some player posts saying things like oh its not overpowered and there's nothing wrong with it

omg epic FK'ng facepalm.

The only thing that can save STO PVP now is some kind of PVP player council filled with the actual handful of pro pvp players that are still left in the game. The council would then recommend changes relating to balance / ships / powers etc. And the devs would actually act on it. (pipe dream)

Feedback from the general community doesn't work just way too many tards that have no FK'ng clue.

What kharn posted here was pretty much spot on.

The pvp community is shrinking ever day, due to lack of development and just plain ignorance on the part of cryptic. If i didn't have a life sub i would unsubscribed. This excuse that pvp is a minority is utter rubbish. If there was actually proper unique pvp rewards like sets like the borg set and costumes that were earnable through pvp victories only. The pvp population would increase 10 fold.

Really i've pretty much given up on STO at this point.

DISCLAIMER

The term "FK'ng" is up to interpretation , it could mean "flying kite" or it could mean something else, its up the reader to decide.

I have the utmost respect for the cryptic studio forum usage and guidelines, if you feel in some way my post has violated such guidelines please pm specifically explaining as to which area it has done so in great detail.

Also note this post is an opinion piece and not FACT, i also cannot be held responsible for each individual readers interpretations or hurt feelings, should reading my post make you feel upset. I suggest you place an order at this website. Thank you for your understanding.