Lt. Commander
# 1 Trigger problem
03-31-2011, 03:03 AM
I would like to interact with objects on the ground. When I interacted, these objects should be beamed out, but it's not possible for me to edit the animation trigger to add a beam out animation.

http://img839.imageshack.us/f/84897292.jpg/

Is it normal that you can't choose an animation for beaming out here and probably this functionality is not included yet or did I do something wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2011, 03:20 AM
I was able to have the object get the "beam out animation", butt instead of the object, the effect turned to me and my team ... lol. So we basically got beamed out and invisible for a few seconds, then we were back to normal. The object was still there, untouched.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2011, 04:46 AM
No, the trigger animation are for your character not the object. There is not yet a way to assign an animation to the "hide" effect,
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2011, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert View Post
I would like to interact with objects on the ground. When I interacted, these objects should be beamed out, but it's not possible for me to edit the animation trigger to add a beam out animation.

http://img839.imageshack.us/f/84897292.jpg/

Is it normal that you can't choose an animation for beaming out here and probably this functionality is not included yet or did I do something wrong?
This feature is not yet implemented, sorry. Detials can be made hidden or visible using triggers, but no animation can be set just yet. So you can make your object invisible after interacting but it will be suboptimal without the beam out effect.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2011, 05:26 AM
Okies, thanks for info. Hope that it'll be implemented soon. Looks strange when my captain chooses "beam object to ship" and it just disappears without this nice effect ^^.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-31-2011, 05:53 AM
NPC's actually do beam in and out if you use them for one specific trigger. I witnessed that in my own mission "Hellraider" on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2011, 08:25 AM
You can beam out cargo containers in the game. It should be possible in the editor.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCarnaj
You can beam out cargo containers in the game. It should be possible in the editor.
Remember, the dev tools are exponentially better than Foundry.

I was able to do it "off-screen". Basically, once you reach a certain part of the map, the containers disappear and you receive a message from your ship, "We have finished transporting the tagged containers". If the skeptics go back and check, they will find no containers.