Lt. Commander
# 1 Paris in the way
04-02-2011, 07:35 AM
The first mission involving Lt Paris has you on a planet deactivating spatial mines and fighting Klingon/Gorn soldiers on planet. The big problem with this mission is that Paris is always upseting my plan of action. the NPC is always initiating combat when I am trying to make the approach to get a good position. Even when I am trying to avoid a group, Paris goes over to them and attacks and then pulls my team into an attack... without me knowing it. This NPC needs to be passive or not directly linked to the player's team. Give Paris her own away team to go fight and let me control my team. I hav played this mission several times and several different ways and all have been irritating because of Rambo Paris.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel64
The first mission involving Lt Paris has you on a planet deactivating spatial mines and fighting Klingon/Gorn soldiers on planet. The big problem with this mission is that Paris is always upseting my plan of action. the NPC is always initiating combat when I am trying to make the approach to get a good position. Even when I am trying to avoid a group, Paris goes over to them and attacks and then pulls my team into an attack... without me knowing it. This NPC needs to be passive or not directly linked to the player's team. Give Paris her own away team to go fight and let me control my team. I hav played this mission several times and several different ways and all have been irritating because of Rambo Paris.
i found this irritating as well. the best way to get over it is to either use tactics or wait until you can be bothered for combat :/. the early part of the game i dont enjoy as the latter half but it makes me want to progress more strangely xD
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2011, 02:57 PM
I found the best way to handle it was to try to stay ahead of her. This requires being very aggressive, and may also require that you initiate combat before you would otherwise prefer, but starting the fight is always better than having it started for you.