Lt. Commander
# 1 Shuttlecraft launch?
03-31-2011, 09:08 AM
Unless I've totally missed something, the only way I can find to board my shuttlecraft....is to go to a starbase for "ship selection."

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.......and I should be able to simply board the shuttlecraft right from my current main ship.

There should even be a cinematic for docking and undocking.

Have I missed something, or is this really the way it is at the moment?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2011, 11:21 AM
for now...it's in the works.....possibly
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2011, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduinova
Unless I've totally missed something, the only way I can find to board my shuttlecraft....is to go to a starbase for "ship selection."

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.......and I should be able to simply board the shuttlecraft right from my current main ship.

There should even be a cinematic for docking and undocking.

Have I missed something, or is this really the way it is at the moment?
You haven't missed anything. This is the only way to do it right now.

Shuttles count as ships, take up one ship slot, and are selected like any other ship, that is, going to a starbase, and switching to it.

No cinematics, no going to your ship's shuttle bay or something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-01-2011, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Thanatos View Post
You haven't missed anything. This is the only way to do it right now.

Shuttles count as ships, take up one ship slot, and are selected like any other ship, that is, going to a starbase, and switching to it.

No cinematics, no going to your ship's shuttle bay or something like that.
but they are working on it. they already admitted that the way of using your shuttle is very untrek and pretty useless. they are planning a shuttlebay from which you can board your shuttle to use it for "gather data" missions for example.

im really happy that the devs really look into communities suggestions to broaden the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I suspect that they will give you a window popup like when you select BOs for an Away Mission, but that the ability to go down to your Hangar Bay will be an option. The first solution I think would be easier, but the second would be cooler.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-01-2011, 01:51 PM
The way that dstahl described it would be that you Visit the Bridge, head down to the Shuttle Bay where you would see all of the Shuttles that you currently have. Walk up to and board your selected shuttle. When you launched you would return to sector space in your Shuttle.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-01-2011, 04:19 PM
The important thing is getting back. How will that work?

Will you have to go back to a starbase? .....Meh
Will you have to go back to where you left the ship? ........ehh not bad IF YOU REMEMBER?

Will you be able to call up your ship? ......WIN!
Ability: "Recall Ship" *usable only in sector space* Summons starship that Shuttle was launched from.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelOfDespair
but they are working on it. they already admitted that the way of using your shuttle is very untrek and pretty useless. they are planning a shuttlebay from which you can board your shuttle to use it for "gather data" missions for example.

im really happy that the devs really look into communities suggestions to broaden the game.
I agree that it's very un-trek and an annoyance, but the OP asked if that was the only way to do it.

As for now it is, I simply answered so.

We will see what the future brings but, for now, you have to go to a starbase to select a shuttle.