Lt. Commander
# 1 A Foundry Uniform Slot
03-10-2011, 05:29 PM
If everyone is given a Foundry Uniform Slot that changes depenting on the mission Auther's choice. then a captain and BOs could take on the role's of this or that person and look like that person. just think if your starfleet human captain did a mission as a romulan, borg, breen or dare say it a klingon.

For a starfleet officer to play a KDF mission like this may have some restrictions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2011, 08:10 PM
That could be interesting...

Even Picard under went "surgery" so he could do a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2011, 10:22 AM
I think to do this right, it would need to be done as a costume OVERLAY where we can set any unadjusted value to remain unchanged.

That's a lot of work but I can see it being a good idea to reduce DB clutter (for example, IMHO, costume slots never should have had unique slider and face values) and to work into the plans for redefining offduty clothes. (As near as I gather, the off duty slot is getting eliminated in favor of action and non-action costuming and things like tuxes or swimsuits strike me as something that should be a kind of overlay rather than a costume.)
Lt. Commander
# 4 good idea
03-27-2011, 12:55 PM
I have the famous Star Trek First Contact scene before my eyes, where Picard & Co. beamed down in time-specific clothing. This is something i would really like to see as an option in the Foundry. We could create very nice under-cover missions. For some great examples go to the Memory Alpha page of William T. Riker and scroll down to the "Undercover missions" part.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2011, 11:34 PM
I could definitely see this being possible, just use a ground version of the code they used for the Klingon Cruiser disguise in the Devidian Missions. Or, even snag code from an early mission in champions where you were given a disguise item, and upon activation it changed your appearance.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2011, 01:27 AM
While I can see the use for this from an RP standpoint, I have to disagree with its implementation. It would inevitably be used as a griefing tool by players who want to force other players to wear a uniform from a specific era. We've already had that from players who specifically choose bridge maps, despite the fact that it most likely does not match the player's actual bridge. They're just forcing their particular preferences on everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-29-2011, 01:37 AM
I could see it as an optional (read: triggerable) choice. It would give additional depth to some RP missions and since NPC cannot detect what kind of uniform you wear (although you could make the trigger also add a dialog topic), it wouldn't matter.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-30-2011, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
While I can see the use for this from an RP standpoint, I have to disagree with its implementation. It would inevitably be used as a griefing tool by players who want to force other players to wear a uniform from a specific era. We've already had that from players who specifically choose bridge maps, despite the fact that it most likely does not match the player's actual bridge. They're just forcing their particular preferences on everyone.
How is that griefing? It doesn't put the player at a disadvantage, all it does is mildly annoy. Also, wouldn't griefing fall under improper use under the terms and conditions for the foundry anyways?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Quote:
This is by far the greatest definition of 'griefing' ever.

I really hope you report all these evil, cruel authors for griefing. How DARE they use the toolkit to the best of their abilities, knowing full well there's no way to access the player's ship interior from the Foundry.

Clearly, they're terrible, wicked people.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Quote:
I have to disagree on 2 points.

1)If you are participating in a time travel mission, its practically part of the temporal prime directive to appear normal to the timeline. Which would mean be outfitted in a period appropriate costume.

2)There is no 'griefing' as regards to bridges. If you look in the Foundry map list right now, there frankly are not a whole lot of maps to choose from. Barring this, there is another issue altogether. That is is simply, I do not know what bridge you have chosen, nor do I presently have a way to make sure that if i say something is happening on the bridge of your ship, to make it happen on the bridge you chose. Cryptic as of yet has not created a system that will allow a author to 'template' actions across all possible bridge choices. This IS something I would very much like to see in the future though.