Lt. Commander
# 11
03-31-2011, 03:41 PM
They just put Foundry videos out.

The rationale was to have a soft launch - meaning teh few/faithful will get in and expereience it.

If they did a hard launch, with both access to the tools and the promotional materials released, chances are you'd be seeing server instability and timeouts all over.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-01-2011, 07:28 AM
also hyping the foundry before missions have a chance to get added would be counter productive.
after a few weeks when there is a large chunk of missions would be a better time to let everyone know.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
I honestly cannot think of another MMO that has a system this nice. Most only have the ability to put mobs down.. in existing maps with objectives that are vague at best.

Yes, pathing would be nice. The Foundry is far from finished so far.

Now, yes there are better mod tools out there.. for single player games. I won't compare those to this.

Can you please tell me another MMO that has a system like this that can even compare? And don't use City of Heroes. Their "foundry" is very basic and frankly not even in the same ballpark.
Saga of Ryzom. Their creation tools are fantastic. The game engine is pretty spiffy, too.....

.... the graphics are just awful, the systems are inefficient, and the community is dead. >_> Can't win em all.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-01-2011, 10:00 AM
They promoted it a lot about 3 months ago, when it was "launched" on tribble.