Lt. Commander
# 21
03-31-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Because reputation doesn't work that way.
Ok. Well, logic doesn't work that way.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-31-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
I think I'm missing something about the UGC mission browser, cause I can't seem to see more than about 50 missions total. Is there a "more" or "next" button I'm not seeing somewhere. Cause I don't see these swarms of trash missions people are talking about even when I do a "custom" search with no criteria.
sorry i just picked a number out of a hat. at some point the mission numbers will be in the thousands.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-31-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm wondering if I should modify my intro to say it has ~40 Cardassians to kill (most are the three shot Gils). Maybe I'll get more plays.

I'm joking, but I did get my Cardassian Ground Kill accolade the last time I play-tested it. :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-31-2011, 08:39 PM
You can't put 1000 Hirogens on a map. I can't remember what the enemy limit is, but it's much, much lower.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
You can't put 1000 Hirogens on a map. I can't remember what the enemy limit is, but it's much, much lower.
No, but you can put the max number, change maps, and repeat until Foundry hits its build limit.

I know this because I use neutral enemy groups as props and so I maxed them out on one map. Then on the next map, I was still able to add enemies.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-31-2011, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Then they should add a "type" selector on the foundry main page. Give us the option to select: Story, Farm, or Puzzle. That way these farm missions can have their own category and not gum up the works.

I had to manually search for my latest mission. It hasn't received any votes because it is being drowned out by the spam missions. Unless you know the exact name of the project you want to play, you will never play it.
I've been hoping for a tag system since day one. A method of tagging missions with common themes (just like they are on the wiki, for example) would be a great help in finding a mission that matches with what you want to play.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Well, I've personally reported all of the farm/exploit missions I've seen so far. Hopefully cryptic will take a stance against them.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-01-2011, 02:44 AM
At first my stance would be, let people do what they want to do, as there are many zones and missions where it is almost as efficient to farm a certain mob as a foundry farm mission.

Then i saw the ungodly number of farm missions cluttering the search page. What the....

I still say, let people farm accolades how they want, as well...they dont do anything yet.

But these missions are swamping the missions with real content. Its not as easy to pick out something meaningful anymore without visiting the forums or community websites. Something needs to be done here.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-01-2011, 05:44 AM
If someone wants to create a STO version of "Nazi Zombies" where all you do is kill wave after wave of enemies that's fine with me. I hope the dev team doesn't look at these kinds of missions as "wrong" because they are all combat and provide a means to getting the "Kill" accolades.

However, the Foundry mission list needs some organization badly. They need to have some parameters in place to allow authors to tag their missions so players can search on those tags. I'm far less concerned with other players "star rating" than I am about the style of content contained in the mission. I'd enjoy a 3-star "Story/Puzzle" mission far more than a 5-star "Combat" mission.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-01-2011, 06:13 AM
im rather inclined to agree with cryptic making the farming missions, limit the skill points and loot gained from it, and possibly add them to a ''holodeck'' somewhere in the corridor system on space dock. that way, as has been said already, accolade hunters (like myself) can gain the accolade

i wont lie that mission replay is fun, but theres only so many times i can replay the same mission, when running 3 officers, before i start to get sick of it. plus there are just a few times when all i want to do is make things go boom and not worry about story or puzzles.

but till then, if it happens, i'll be content with a farming foundry mission or two ^^