Lt. Commander
The latest Captain's Log takes a close look at The Foundry, the newly released editor that lets players design and share their own missions in Star Trek Online.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2011, 05:51 PM
awesome, quick question, this blue tinted UI for the foundry, can we haz plz? =p
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Good article.

Personally, I think the Foundry sums up STO in nutshell.

It's fun, it has loads of potential, but its really still in Beta and we probably shouldn't all be using it yet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2011, 10:10 PM
Thanks, everyone I hope you enjoy it!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyto View Post
Good article.

Personally, I think the Foundry sums up STO in nutshell.

It's fun, it has loads of potential, but its really still in Beta and we probably shouldn't all be using it yet.
In this case, I think Beta means that Cryptic reserves the right to change it as necessary and those changes might cause older Foundry missions to break. They might even temporarily pull the feature altogether if a serious enough issue arises.

But that would be true even after the Foundry goes "gold", since I don't expect them to stop making improvements and enhancements. Heck, as far as I'm concerned every MMO on the market is in a constant state of "Beta".

Now that it is on Holodeck, I expect it's usable enough for me to really start playing around with it (as I get the time).

And what else are you gonna do while we're waiting for Season 4?