Lt. Commander
# 1 Watch The Foundry Live Trailer
03-31-2011, 10:53 AM
Take a look at The Foundry Live Trailer to learn about The Foundry design philosophy and to see how this powerful editor can be used to create and share your own missions in Star Trek Online.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Awesome job! The Foundry is so awesome -- it's the focus of this week's Captains Log at massively.com
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2011, 10:59 AM
Awesome Video. You cheated a bit (saw some footage from older videos lol) but it was awesome!

Can't wait to see what people can come up with
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Excellent, someone was just complaining in another thread about why there is no video. Timing just made me laugh. Great video too!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Doesn't seem to work for me though, just get an error message from Firefox 4 (running on OS X) that I the clip can only be played using the 32-bit version and asks me to reboot). Nothing happens. I'll boot up my STO machine later to view it, but I'm surprised it didn't work as everything else on the site is.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Not impressed
03-31-2011, 11:30 AM
its ight. while this will shift the responsibility of story and content from cryptic to sto players i still dont find this attribute that awesome. just my opinion as oh look let me pay 15 dollars a month to write my own stuff and play missions that i have to create. So if i get all this this right:

I pay 15 bucks a month to have to sit down and take time to write my own missions to get some quality play.

This lets cryptic off the hook for coming up with constant content and attributes for the real game play.

allows them to have time to bring more C-store items out each month while we dont see any cryptic content.

Your video is filled with duplicate attributes from old videos and production staff who say the same thing and your executive producer really does not say much of anything new. Does not explain what this will do for game play for the future and oh why even bother.

Just my opinion but its the biggest scheme ever written. I mean bigger then the C-store lies oops miss spoken words. why waste money on writers when you can have STO players write your material take from that material and make missions or even just take the mission itself and slap an STO sticker on it. Sorry i just find it funny they did this song and dance to show case nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2011, 11:41 AM
As has been said many times, the Foundry is so you can create your Star Trek dreams. Not so Cryptic can take a nap.

In fact, DStahl has said that they hope to do even more Featured Episode series than they thought they would do in the first place.

The only reason we have a content gap now (apart from Remastered episodes (YAY GOZER!)) is because they want to show off the new ground combat system with a Featured Episode series, which will come out in Season 4
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-31-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassehans View Post
Doesn't seem to work for me though, just get an error message from Firefox 4 (running on OS X) that I the clip can only be played using the 32-bit version and asks me to reboot). Nothing happens. I'll boot up my STO machine later to view it, but I'm surprised it didn't work as everything else on the site is.
Revert to Firefox 3.5.18

Starting with version 3.6, Firefox started down a path of disaster that culminated with 4.0... a completely, unusable browser.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-31-2011, 12:28 PM
im loving the foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firix
As has been said many times, the Foundry is so you can create your Star Trek dreams. Not so Cryptic can take a nap.

In fact, DStahl has said that they hope to do even more Featured Episode series than they thought they would do in the first place.

The only reason we have a content gap now (apart from Remastered episodes (YAY GOZER!)) is because they want to show off the new ground combat system with a Featured Episode series, which will come out in Season 4
HAHAHAHA Ill see your Hope and raise you only C-store for march & april. will you fold now