Lt. Commander
# 11
04-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I am actually still fond of the old fluidic space. The one that actually looked like you were traveling through a gel or fluid. Then Cryptic "watered it down".
Definately - still remember it from it's Beta on Tribble... it was fun not only because of the missions but also that effect just made it like fluidic space. As the name itself suggests - it's fluid.

I'd love to see its return.

There are many wonderful sights in this game though, to my shame I've gone through missions quite quickly but now I think it over - I'm gonna take more time to admire it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
I am thinking the name was Shakarie, but I don't recall. My trivia hold is very small. I do know that it was Kirk who went to see him, and asked "Why does God need a Start Ship?"

nerd moment;

Sha Ka Ree, because the actor they originally wanted to play Sybok was Sean Connery, but he was busy with Indiana Jones.:p

exact quote;
"What does God need with a Starship?"
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Can i just say, Thunder Child I love your sig

On topic, the space map in the Deferi daily 'Emancipation' is a sight to behold. Absolutely beautiful scenery that reminded me just how stunning this game can be if you take the time to look.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Actually I've found most of the maps, space and ground, to be really pretty and worth the time to just look at.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-05-2011, 09:49 AM
I just flew through Gamma Orianus today, It has a Beautiful New Look since I was in there some time back.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-05-2011, 05:27 PM
There are some really gorgeous parts of sector space. Likewise there are planets that I would love to stake a claim on and set up a vacation home. Unfortunately, they mostly seem to be under assault from Borg, Hirogen, or Tribbles
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-06-2011, 01:32 AM
Great Thread!!!! I miss it the last time I guess, one of my many favorites is within the Breen episodes, Episode 3: Cold Comfort, that took me awhile to leave the area and continue the pursuit, such a beautiful area. I recommend if you ever get a chance to replay a episode, do that one, and hang around afterwards
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-06-2011, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Starbreeze
Great Thread!!!! I miss it the last time I guess,.....
Thank you for the recognition, I am happy to have been of service. I thought this type thread would be a great change of pace to some recent ones.

(Bows humbly)
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Your right Kiawe, sector space definatly looks much better since we could disable astrometrics lol. The nebulas are spectacular!
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-07-2011, 09:12 AM
I flew several Patrol Missions North of Sol Today, and Viewing the Planets with their Mountains, Forests, swamps, and while in System Space seeing the Shooting Stars, once again made me take Pause and Look around some more.