Lt. Commander
# 11
04-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Yes, but how much benefit are you getting with 1 additional stat point? If instead you spend them elsewhere, you can get far more bang for the buck. Doing all 9/9 in the tier 1 skills will leave several skills with 0 in that tier. (assuming you put the minimum required to move on to tier 2). Using 7s, on the other hand, will allow you put at least 1 point into those, and thus give you +6 stat points. The only reason I see that justifies putting 9 into a tier 1 skill is if you want to be able to train a particular skill, or if you have extra points you don't want to put elsewhere. But skill points are tight, especially at tiers 4 and 5, and it's better to save the points for those tiers.
Well I'm currently only LT8 (starting fresh after about a 8 month break) so I dont have many abilities that use skills like Starship Opperation and the Team Leader skills. I was assuming that the OP was lower level, maybe that was in error. Maybe at higher level when I have several science skills it would be worth pulling points out of Starship Command and putting them into Opperation.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Okay, you asked for it - here is the post concerning spending ship captain skill points:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=188882