Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Here's an suggestion. We could have damage to our self just like on Elite. The more you die the more damage your receive. This way your ability for fight will be hamper. After the match is done all damages will be removed. We could even have a special queue for "Elite PvP" that way PUG will not get mad over this.

Also the rewards would need to be greater. Like maybe 10 emblems for doing the "Elite PvP Daily" and like 3 additional emblems for each match. This way if a Elite PvP Daily is not available you can still get something.

We could also set this up so only Premade teams can enter these queues. You must have a team form before you can enter a queue. This way we avoid those players that only PvP for Emblems and don't help with the fighting. Also if a teams does enter and refuse to fight they can be reported so they can be banned from these queues.

Here are of options that can be added.

The damage stays after the match so we would need to go to a Star Base for repairs or a option for individual captains that would like this feature. This would be an more realistic feel to the game.

If you have the Components and Regenerators you could use them in the match.

I would love feedback on this.

Any other ideas to expand on this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2011, 09:52 AM
The idea has its appeal, but I think ultimately it leads to a death spiral that is worse at what happens already now - the match outcome is determiend far earlier.

It might work better if this was something for capture & hold perhaps?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Problem is: Cruisers are to strong, i.e. can do both damage and healing at the same time. If the penalty had severe consequences, we would see even more Cruiser Online than atm.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaius View Post
Problem is: Cruisers are to strong, i.e. can do both damage and healing at the same time. If the penalty had severe consequences, we would see even more Cruiser Online than atm.
Cruisers should be -20 to weapons power, it would fix a lot of issues.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2011, 10:28 AM
No nerfs this is Elite PvP the really good teams can deal with anything thrown at them. If you need to call for a nerf you are not a Elite PvPer. That is why only premade teams can enter these queues. This thread is not about nerfs. It about creating a higher level of PvP for teams that do play well with each other.

STO PvP is about teamwork. The best PvP teams understand this. Elite PvP is not for PUG groups just like STF are not for PUG groups. We don't want Emblem farmer but only serious PvP.

Look at it this way if the premade teams are on the Eltie PvP queue then you can win more matches on the standard queues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
There is nothing wrong with PUG's... This isn't about PUG's. This is about STF's... STF's were never designed to be PUG friendly... Complaining that STF's are not PUG friendly is a big waste of time. It's apples and oranges..

You want apples and STF's are oranges. We made PUG friendly group missions those are called Fleet Actions... All you have to do in a fleet action is show up, it doesnt get any easier than that.

There are a bunch of things wrong with Terradome.. I've said so myself, I don't like the mission much at all. But I had nothing to do with it's creation in the first place.

As for STF's I've already stated that they are all going to get a overhaul soon.. It will make them much more pug friendly and still preserve thier design principles.. but there will still be people that don't like them, that I can promise you.

There are only 4 STF's in a game... if you don't like them.. Don't play them.. It's that simple.

MMO's are like buffets.. You have to make stuff that appeals to more than one group of people. That's why we have PVP, PVE, Fleet Actions, and STF's.

We don't expect everyone to like everything, that's impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Yes they do... which is exactly the type of groups that STF's are designed for. You have to plan, you have to know the right things to do and when, and you have to communicate with each other to succeed. If these are not things you do well, don't play these missions.

Yes.. Yes we can ignore people that try to PUG it.. when 99.9% of the rest of the missions in the game are soloable.. It's pretty simple really, if STF's frustrate you, don't play them. There are plenty of people that find them enjoyable.... End of story ...

Goz
Please take the nerf calling to another thread and don't hijack mine.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Oh no he di'n't!
04-10-2011, 10:50 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
He just put the PVE smack down on all of you! PWNED!
Please no trolling. I am not trying to start a fight with anyone. This has nothing to do with PvE. This about making PvP more challenging for premade teams that like to go against other premade teams. If you are not part of a premade team or fleet team then this thread is not for you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
Please no trolling. I am not trying to start a fight with anyone. This has nothing to do with PvE. This about making PvP more challenging for premade teams that like to go against other premade teams. If you are not part of a premade team or fleet team then this thread is not for you.
Do you fly in premade teams and have had the experience that Premade teams feel something like this is missing?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-10-2011, 11:37 AM
I PvP with 12th Fleet. They are not the best PvPer out there they do respect the better team. Every time PvP death penalty is mention PUG all get upset. There are PvPer that want a PvP death penalty and creating a special queue for this would give them that without upsetting the PUG community.

Permade are generally from Fleets and Fleets do talk to other Fleets form alliance and team up for missions and PvP if they don't have enough members online. Most Fleets have Voice Chat. Fleets understand teamwork and like it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-10-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm sorry that you find my opinion distasteful. However, you started the thread looking for feedback and promptly dismissed the feedback from people who didn't share your stance on the matter. This is a forum for open discussion, and you while it's not about PVE you did provide several PVE related quotes. It was that which I responded to.

I'm doubtful that this is an idea that should take any kind of priority over the numerous other things that could use attention in regards to PVP. As it is right now, what you are suggesting can be easily created via the Challenge system and OrganizedPVP Channel. The only thing missing at present would be the "elite rewards" which, while they might be nice, aren't the goal of true premades who are there for the fun and the challenge. Add, adjust, and create tangible things for PVP then maybe something like this would be more worthwhile. That's just my opinion though. Just a little feedback. ^^