Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 61
04-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
I have no issues giving the federation the "Enhanced Battle Cloak" for their ships...

I can hook you up with a ferengi business man that can help you refit the entire fleet. lol

caveat emptor
wouldnt it be awsome if the oberth got a "phase" cloak like in the tv show? hahahahaha
Lt. Commander
# 62
04-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
wouldnt it be awsome if the oberth got a "phase" cloak like in the tv show? hahahahaha
It likely will too.... Hmmm makes me wonder what happens if they get shock waved into an asteroid. lol
Lt. Commander
# 63
04-05-2011, 02:39 AM
Quote:
You're laughing now.

I suspect we will be seeing a Phase Cloak Console or Device equipped on the Oberth Tier 1 ship, that can be re-equipped on any other vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 64
04-05-2011, 03:44 AM
uh yeah. Cryptic has already announced the kdf Carrier upgrade will have a enhanced battle phase cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 65
04-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
uh yeah. Cryptic has already announced the kdf Carrier upgrade will have a enhanced battle phase cloak.
Yeah... and the Feds will get roasted chickens as captians, with bbq sauce as bridge officers.
Lt. Commander
# 66
04-05-2011, 02:51 PM
I've been running my B'rel lately, there are indeed ways around the annoyingness of the enhanced battle cloak.

I'd hope they just resolve this by doing one of two things:

1) Delete enhanced battle cloak and just give us the regular one -- and provide some other "refit" skill.
2) Keep it how it is, but do not decloak for the B'rel receiving healing from other players. Although why bother? Firing torpedoes from cloak is pretty worthless, at the end of the day, as is revealing oneself for a heal... it's almost always better to stay in cloak.

Since #2 could be tricky, I'm up for #1 until a better resolution is found. As it is, right now, I have to ask teammates to stop healing me. Literally, them trying to help me, gets me killed.

And that's wrong in so many ways, it's difficult to contain the frustration.
Lt. Commander
# 67
04-06-2011, 12:07 AM
The trick with #2 would be using other skills to provide the damage, and to make surprise strikes when an enemy is weakened.
Powers like Charged Particle Burst or Tractor Beam Repulsors can inflict a lot of harm, and if you are only visible for 3 seconds or so, it might be an effective alternative. After all, there are people that base their Science Vessels offense on powers like these. (Shield Drain Tri-Cobalt Bomber builds)
Lt. Commander
# 68
04-07-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
It likely will too.... Hmmm makes me wonder what happens if they get shock waved into an asteroid. lol
I'm stuck. Ticket number ###################

LOL
Lt. Commander
# 69
04-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Phase Cloak makes you impervious to any physical effect, so PSW shouldn't do anything.
Lt. Commander
# 70
04-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceroid View Post
and the brel was just an elaborate hoax to get us to spend more money for the development of belt buckles and hair tech.
So was the retrofit Vor'Cha - even the skins are the same as the old one. Just a small triangular pods (Woooo!) I don' think they even designed anything. They simple rolled out the existing B'rel and Vor'cha and said there you go, brand new warships!

Knowing how desperate we were for anything they thought we wouldn't notice the slide-of-hand they pulled on the KDF, twice!