Lt. Commander
# 21
04-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Quote:
If you have another dev in mind who plays PVP and can help out, then hey, more help is better.
I have only a a certain Ex-Dev in mind at the moment. And as far as I have heard, Stormshade plays PvP as well, but he is not a Developer.

Having a dev post on the PvP forums means a lot. Thank you.

You won't quite be able to stop us from hoping for the holy grail, though...
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
I hope to get a broad overview of PVP in all its glory, I just happened to hook up with this particular group today, which was my first dedicated foray into PVP. I'm sure I'll be making the rounds and giving everyone a chance to take a shot at a dev.
I just wont to say thanks for taking the time to play pvp with us not sure which level you are running at but i am sure any help and advice you may pass on to the other member's of the STO team will be very helpfull indeed
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-03-2011, 01:49 AM
Quote:
I hope to get a broad overview of PVP in all its glory, I just happened to hook up with this particular group today, which was my first dedicated foray into PVP. I'm sure I'll be making the rounds and giving everyone a chance to take a shot at a dev.
I will gladly do a 1v1 ground match to show you everything you really need to know about tactical on the ground, please bring a cap level toon otherwise it wont be as.... gratifying
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-03-2011, 01:50 AM
lol ground

...sorry :p
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-03-2011, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Your character and ship name please.....so I can target you more effectively.

If you are really committed to 'fixing' PvP.....my advice to you would be to PvP at all tiers.PvP at Lt.C level is not the same as at VA.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-03-2011, 04:09 AM
I hope to cross paths with you and look forward to the match..., everytime i see a DEV floating around in their borg ship, i challenge them to a 1v1, however they never respond ...

So will you be sporting a Retro Fit Advance Multi-Attack Vector Borg Tactical Cube...with 5 commander universal stations...o.O.

Godfather,
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-03-2011, 04:23 AM
I must say I was a little bit disappointed last night, when the sci spam won over faw spam in two matches, and when the dev after the first match, thrillingly said: Lets do it again! ^^ And then I realized that this was maybe his first pvp match, and then I was ok, because we can not ask something to change, and expect that to change over night. Its the devs who need to feel experience in order to change things. .... Or hire a professional pvp-ers as a expert consultant group. ^^

Dont mind my English...
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-03-2011, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Your character and ship name please.....so I can target you more effectively..
He is in D'Kyr sicence vessel, and i think hes name is Surok, Suvak. Kill him! ^^
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-03-2011, 04:30 AM
The PVP forum hasn't seen this many responses from Cryptic in a month, short of handing out some type of disciplinary action, much less a single day, lol. Welcome to OPVP and the PVP forum! I think most of us understand deadlines and that nothing happens immediately, but it is really nice to know that some one is finally trying to communicate with us about it!

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-03-2011, 04:34 AM
You don't need to waste your time in PvP.

The problems have been talked about since the start. Rewards for losing a match and a single objective rather than being encouraged to actually take part.

We need rewards for healing, killing, collecting, beaming teams to the capture and hold stations, beaming them back, even just for teaming. There just needs to be more to it and less rewards for the losers. There has to be choice, a player can go around kill kill killing or they can go around collecting, capturing and being more passive. Either way each path can get equal reward.

Then we need a bonus for the entire winning team and a bonus for those who stand out the most. Don't see why the person who gets the most kills or the highest damage can't get a bonus item even if it is just a blue, even if they are not on the winning side.

Would this not get people playing with pure frenzy ?! Is that not the heart pumping action that will make people come back for more ?