Lt. Commander
I pulled an all nighter last night and finished up my first mission. When I wanted to playtest it at the end, the mission had gone whacko on me. I could not, for the life of me, find out what was wrong, until it suddenly came to me that the issue was the usage of one map multiple times, i.e.:

- let's say I have three maps in my mission: let's call them SPACE, GROUND and INTERIOR.
- the mission starts on SPACE.
- you beam down to GROUND.
- you beam back up to SPACE.
- you beam down to INTERIOR.
- you beam back up to SPACE.
- mission ends.

This is not possible, the mission objectives go nuts on you. When you first enter the mission, you get objectives from all three times you're using the SPACE map.

What you have to do is duplicate your map SPACE, and each time you come back to it, use another version of it, i.e.:

- the mission starts on SPACE #1.
- you beam down to GROUND.
- you beam back up to SPACE #2.
- you beam down to INTERIOR.
- you beam back up to SPACE #3.
- mission ends.

I'm pretty certain someone who is not very knowledgeable about all this is going to have a real hard time figuring out what to do, so at the very least, the editor should give out a warning about it, or even better, prohibit placing more than one spawn point on the map altogether, to avoid making the mission buggy.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Yes I have been told this over and over, But still every now and again I try to crack this one. Interact with objects and NPC contacts seem to be okay on the same map. But objectives do go Wacko. Triggers can help to open aspects of the map so as you can't complete the earlier Map Version objective. The only success I've had is using Social Zones more than once, But you can't use Popups. I have been working out a way to use this issue as a way to create a Failurable mission, or Multiple objectives.