Lt. Commander
# 1 Tier 5 Connie?
04-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Ok so the TOS Bundle was just released. I'm loving the whole thing, but I want to be able to do missions and STF's in a ship that matches the interior e.g. The TOS Constitution-Class. Now I know people are going to say that a Connie isnt that powerful and yada yada, but you just release a major pack full of uniforms, an accurate and working interior, a shuttle craft...but the only ship we have to match it is a T1 Connie.

Did someone forget to put it on the C too? Give the people what they want: Make a CDR and RA/VA version of the ship. Add more weapon hardpoints, more console slots like you did with the Galaxy-X, and get it out there! I have an amazing bridge, costumes, weapons from the devidian series, a shuttle, but no ship I can fly that wont blow up in a nano-second. Im flying a T5 Excelsior which coincidentally is the closest T5 ship near the TOS/TMP timeline. Dont leave us hangin here. Please, update the T1 Connie and let us RA/VA's enjoy it too!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2011, 09:43 PM
For that matter, How about one that scales with you as you rank up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2011, 10:04 PM
There have beeen alot of post asking for what you are asking. I hope they don't put a tier 5 connie in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2011, 06:16 AM
I'm with Doogie on this
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2011, 09:51 AM
From this TOS fan's perspective, it has always been unfortunate that the Constellation was a T1 and that there has been no T5 retrofit published. I second your suggestion that a T5 retrofit be made available for this iconic design.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-03-2011, 10:09 AM
YES. TOS, TMP. Both Working together, Doesn't matter to me. Please Cryptic. You've been watching the arguments. you've been watching the stuff. There has to be some way to put in this glorious ship without it being any kind of gimped Cough"RefitProposal"Cough.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Ok I have said this four times now I think... but anyway here I go again.

I think that we should NOT get a T5 connie. But, what I mean by that is we should not be able to pay 2000 Tokens and get a T5 ship. That makes no sense. BUT, we SHOULD be able to refit and upgrade our ships. It should be costly, and take a LOT of time, and we should only be able to upgrade them one tier at time. This should be done through crafting, and what makes it even better is that you would not be able to give it to someone else and have them craft it for you. You would have to do it yourself. And I think it should take like 48 hours per tier upgrade. (Though Time would run when offline too) and should cost a LOT of data samples.

So this makes the most sense to me. Because I am at least partially known as a valiant fighter for canon in this game, and I don't see a canon reason this wouldn't work. In fact canon says star fleet upgrade ships, retrofitting them with new weapons, more torps, things like that. So that is my "We both win" proposal.

But if it not done this way -^ it should not be done at all.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Ok I have said this four times now I think... but anyway here I go again.

I think that we should NOT get a T5 connie. But, what I mean by that is we should not be able to pay 2000 Tokens and get a T5 ship. That makes no sense. BUT, we SHOULD be able to refit and upgrade our ships. It should be costly, and take a LOT of time, and we should only be able to upgrade them one tier at time. This should be done through crafting, and what makes it even better is that you would not be able to give it to someone else and have them craft it for you. You would have to do it yourself. And I think it should take like 48 hours per tier upgrade. (Though Time would run when offline too) and should cost a LOT of data samples.

So this makes the most sense to me. Because I am at least partially known as a valiant fighter for canon in this game, and I don't see a canon reason this wouldn't work. In fact canon says star fleet upgrade ships, retrofitting them with new weapons, more torps, things like that. So that is my "We both win" proposal.

But if it not done this way -^ it should not be done at all.
I'm with you on this Martok.

Be it through a scaling ship (That slowly progresses along as you play, till it hits some max stats that are "acceptable" for Vice Admiral use, but not equal to Tier 5 Cruisers, or be it through a refitting system (either crafting based or merit based).

This is the way it needs to be addressed, and needs to be applicable to all the lower tier ships, not just one specific ship.

Me, I'd perfer a crafting based system as you (and me in the past) have suggested.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-03-2011, 11:33 AM
I would also prefer an upgrade/retrofit system for any ship instead of something i have to pump more money into.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab
Me, I'd perfer a crafting based system as you (and me in the past) have suggested.
I'd be for this.

All I ask for is that it doesn't blow 24th/25th century designs out of the water.

And it gives crafting one more reason to be useful.
Closed Thread