Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm all for a logical system that makes some iota of sense.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-03-2011, 12:22 PM
I said this on another thread.

Why not make a holoemitter that only works on cruisers. The holoemitter can be of a Connie.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
I said this on another thread.

Why not make a holoemitter that only works on cruisers. The holoemitter can be of a Connie.
It has been rejected because then it "doesn't feel like a Conne."

Personally, that is my favorite suggestion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I'd be for this.

All I ask for is that it doesn't blow 24th/25th century designs out of the water.

And it gives crafting one more reason to be useful.
Agreed, in fact maybe they could be slightly less effective.

That is what I was thinking too. I just hit the Crafting cap, and it's sorta useless once you got all your gear. Outside of assisting non crafters that is. So this help crafters be useful and get more people into crafting.


Ya know it seems like dstahl has said something like this idea in the past, but I can't remember any specifics.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
04-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Agreed, in fact maybe they could be slightly less effective.

That is what I was thinking too. I just hit the Crafting cap, and it's sorta useless once you got all your gear. Outside of assisting non crafters that is. So this help crafters be useful and get more people into crafting.


Ya know it seems like dstahl has said something like this idea in the past, but I can't remember any specifics.
I agree with that, I'd love for you to read the proposal in my sig and give me your opinion.

It has a crafting portion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I'd be for this.

All I ask for is that it doesn't blow 24th/25th century designs out of the water.

And it gives crafting one more reason to be useful.
In an ideal system, it would bring Tier 1, 2 and 3 ships up to a useable level for Vice Admiral, as well as offering enhancements for Tier 4 and Tier 5 ships beyond what they currently have.

That way, not only do fans of the lower tier ships get something, but fans of the upper tier ships get something too!

Win Win!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab
In an ideal system, it would bring Tier 1, 2 and 3 ships up to a useable level for Vice Admiral, as well as offering enhancements for Tier 4 and Tier 5 ships beyond what they currently have.

That way, not only do fans of the lower tier ships get something, but fans of the upper tier ships get something too!

Win Win!
Maybe. It wouldn't take long for the T5 TOSC people to start complaining they have to use a Sovereign or be nerfed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
Maybe. It wouldn't take long for the T5 TOSC people to start complaining they have to use a Sovereign or be nerfed.
I really wish this were not the case. Unfortunately, this is why a compromise seems impossible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I really wish this were not the case. Unfortunately, this is why a compromise seems impossible.
What people don't seem to understand is that the inclusion of such ships in the game at all *is* the compromise. The way to have them in the game even though they don't belong is to make them really weak, low-tier ships.

It just so happens that their complaint hits on the larger point of the ship system being one more highly and unnecessarily restrictive thing that could very easily tie all kinds of game mechanics together to make for a great way to keep people playing and enjoying it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ID
Please, update the T1 Connie and let us RA/VA's enjoy it too!
/begin snark/ They did update it. It is called the "Sovereign." /end snark/

Seriously though, The idea of any original series craft, being more robust than the Galaxy Class is laughable at best.

The best compromise I can see as being even partially feasible would be an original series inspired "Federation-class" dreadnought, or some sort of Original Series era-accurate heavy-battle cruiser class.

And I'm saying this as one of the people who shilled out almost $20 USD for the original series value pack.

And when I am on any of my connies, at low level, I will enjoy such scenery untill I get promoted into a newer, and more advanced vessel.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 PM.