Lt. Commander
Hey all, I just started playing with the Foundry this weekend, so forgive me if this is a little noobish.

I just published my first mission today, and while it shows up with a custom search, it's not in the "new" list (even with a text search within it), presumably since it doesn't yet have a review/rating. When it first went live, I pulled it up as a reviewer myself, and played through it. Since I couldn't leave a review/score on my own mission, it's still sitting at zero. Does the "new" list only include those with some sort of rating? All of the ones I see have at least one star.

How does the review phase work? Do they stay there until someone plays them once? By being the first to play my own mission and unable to leave a rating, have I dropped it off into limbo?

Or am I worrying over nothing?

If anyone is curious, the mission is called "Of Minds and Men". Easy to find.

Thanks,

EDIT: I see it's still showing up in the reviewer search. For some reason it didn't when I looked there just before writing this message. Figures.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBones View Post
Hey all, I just started playing with the Foundry this weekend, so forgive me if this is a little noobish.

I just published my first mission today, and while it shows up with a custom search, it's not in the "new" list (even with a text search within it), presumably since it doesn't yet have a review/rating. When it first went live, I pulled it up as a reviewer myself, and played through it. Since I couldn't leave a review/score on my own mission, it's still sitting at zero. Does the "new" list only include those with some sort of rating? All of the ones I see have at least one star.

How does the review phase work? Do they stay there until someone plays them once? By being the first to play my own mission and unable to leave a rating, have I dropped it off into limbo?

Or am I worrying over nothing?

If anyone is curious, the mission is called "Of Minds and Men". Easy to find.

Thanks,

EDIT: I see it's still showing up in the reviewer search. For some reason it didn't when I looked there just before writing this message. Figures.
Even though it seems to be working for you now, I wanted to add that new missions showing up is still a bit wonky.

I just published my first mission as well ("Look to the Rising Sun" if anyone's interested ), and I couldn't find it at first (I'm signed up as a reviewer), but after a while I did find it, but not in the Reviewer tab, in the actual "Community Authored" tab. Same thing happened to a fleetmate of mine, he first couldn't see it, then after a while he could. We played through it together, he left a rating, then we both searched for it again to see the rating, but then the mission didn't turn up anymore, neither in the normal tab nor the reviewer tab.

Don't know what's up with that, but someone else played through it just a little bit later (and left a 3-star "wwwwww" review ), so other people seem to be able to see it.