Lt. Commander
# 1 Andoria Prime
04-04-2011, 12:14 PM
I would like to tell you about my first mission, Andoria Prime: Part I.

Quote:
The disappearance of a Bolian ambassador triggers events that shake the very foundation of the Federation.
It is up to you to find the perpetrators and defend Starfleet from its enemis within.

This mission starts in the Reytan System in the Sirius Sector Block.

For Federation players 35+

Screenshots: 1 2 3
I am happy about any constructive criticism that could help me to improve this mission and possible sequels.

Things to keep in mind:
- Take your time. A lot of text is optional, but it will provide interesting information. If you get interrupted by something, check your lower right screen for "Ops"- there might be another dialog you overlooked previously.
- No running on the promenade! I mean, in tight spaces. Let your BOs catch up to you.
- Tricorder scan and the minimap are your friends. If you don't know what to do next, consult them.

Thanks for your time, and I hope you enjoy my mission.

PS: Big thanks to my fleetmates from Omega XIII for reviewing and bugtesting!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Played it.

Loved it!

I won't spoil it for anyone that hasn't played it yet, but it felt very much like a Trek episode. Great job on the environments, and I mean all of them. It really contributed to my immersion in the story, and really drew me in. Lots of really nice touches, with the random dialog from the NPCs throughout the whole story. The interactions were very creatively done, and I felt like my choices really mattered. It was really long, but when I reached the end I wanted more.

The only real criticism I have is that (aside from a few typos - and I mean far fewer then I've seen in other Foundry missions) is that, while the mystery and the clues involved (not to mention the ways that the clues were used - very creative stuff) were both very well crafted and thought out, the outcome was pretty easy to see coming.

That said, it didn't matter that it was obvious, because I felt exactly what I should have felt in that situation, and I want to see what happens next with that character. The end result reminded me of a certain character in DS9 who kinda took a similar path.

Very much looking forward to the next chapter in this story.

Great job!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks for your great review!
And I don't mean great because it's positive, which is nice too, but because it's very useful feedback.

I always try to double-check for typos, but they happen. Especially when English is your second language.
So I'm open to suggestions to improve the grammar, but I realize that would be a lot of work for a reviewer who just wants to play an interesting mission.

I'm also aware that the outcome was quite predictable - but that is partially intended. I wanted to do this story in about 3 parts (we will see if that happens. The next part probably won't come for a while because I'll need the Andorian ship for that - so it's up to you, Cryptic!), and I can assure you that the mystery will increase.

Not everyone is who they seem to be.

Thanks again!