Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
04-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
As someone that regularly uses TBR to really get anything out of it you have to be chasing a target. And that target has to be silly enough to not use brace for impact, or even try to get a shield in the way. You also have to be pretty much a Tac, in a science vessel, or VA AE both at maximum aux power. (better eat those aux batteries) The target also needs to be softened up already before the TBR shenanigans start.

Also, APO pretty much makes you immune to the damage and the knock back, oh so does aux to dampners.

The biggest problems in pvp right now.

1. FAW
2. Scramble.

If you want to see some real douchebaggery, get 4 of your friends together, roll all cruisers (assault or Excelsiors preferably) mount those two skills. Watch the hilarity ensue as your enemy is even effectively more defenseless to stop it than they would have had it just been FAW spam.
Now, I honestly like TBR the way it is, but I can see where it could be exploited. As a tac in a defiant escort, I got caught in between two science vessels that both used TBR. I recieved 1k dmg through my shields, per pulse, and only kept shields up because I had rsp active. If I hadn't had shields, three or four pulses would have wiped me out. I completely agree with how it works now: you have to spec into it seriously before it becomes useful. But I can also imagine five tanking science ships with TBR3 really annoying people.

I do not want it nerfed, but I can see why some people might want it so.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
04-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERLOURD
Now, I honestly like TBR the way it is, but I can see where it could be exploited. As a tac in a defiant escort, I got caught in between two science vessels that both used TBR. I recieved 1k dmg through my shields, per pulse, and only kept shields up because I had rsp active. If I hadn't had shields, three or four pulses would have wiped me out. I completely agree with how it works now: you have to spec into it seriously before it becomes useful. But I can also imagine five tanking science ships with TBR3 really annoying people.

I do not want it nerfed, but I can see why some people might want it so.
Shields have no effect on TBR.. It does the exact same damage regardless of your shield status. It doesnt touch your shield, it completely bypass them

So.. 2 SVs using TBR couldnt kill you? Sounds fair enough.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
04-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Shields have no effect on TBR.. It does the exact same damage regardless of your shield status. It doesnt touch your shield, it completely bypass them

So.. 2 SVs using TBR couldnt kill you? Sounds fair enough.
Precisely my original statement. Your TBRs on me alone took 60% of my hull of my Escort alone. That kind of damage is what got original Feedback Pulse nerfed in the first place because it did too much damage through the shields.

There have been cases where guys like TSI goofed around in PvP matches in nothing but Intrepidis and using repulsors against PuGs, laughing as they are blowing up left and right just by the damage from repulsors alone.

I honestly think that kind of damage is just too much. You can't make an exception for one ability when you nerfed another for the same reason.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
04-04-2011, 04:13 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
04-04-2011, 04:45 PM
TBR is fine, I just starter to use it because of all the BFAW builds. It is a extremely good at annoying people and dps. As of being effective, it is not. Right now I use 2x TBR2 with evasive and battery + more. Yes you can push a single target, spec and skill 2100k to hull per pulse =21k hull but its really not as effective as it looks on paper. Plus to get full effect of dps you must circle a team with large amount of speed and all it does is create really pretty numbers on the scoreboard but not effective. A TBR team would be a terrible Idia. TBR3 is ineffective for dps. This power has had no change to it since launch and allot of people still don't use it.

TT is great as is, before it once was the black sheep of away teams, now it has a chance. TT is not Rsp, NOT at all, My raptor will take a defiant shield down by 1/2 all facing in a alpha with tact team up on the defiant. So it not the I win button alot of people think it is.

What it does do is take escort and make them stand a little longer which everyone was asking for before TT . If a cruiser or SV wants faster shield redistribution they have to sacrifice a very crusal dps BO spot. So i see TT a I win for all ships.

The only skill I see that are broken are the main 2

ST need to be macro to player for SS

BFAW need to be change, back to old ( which was fine) or something not op

Last thing we need is new powers but how the changes are going on now, Iam scared to see any new powers
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
04-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
But hey, lets ignore this because it's just another stupid Azurian rant who doesn't know what he's talking about.
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
04-04-2011, 07:52 PM
I would have to say I disagree on one hand but agree in the sense that there are a few abilities in game that are poorly implemented and detract from the game. Now most of these have been brought up plenty but my list of annoying in game stuff:

NPC Spam
FaW
Scramble Sensors
SNB

With that being said I don't want to see those skills removed from the game but I do think they need to be reviewed with some getting bigger tweaks then others. Nobody likes spam for various reasons, FaW really needs a revamp with a focus on what exactly its intended mechanic is, Scramble Sensors....well 30 seconds seems a bit long and the biggest problem is the unreliability of your own ST clearing it, SNB very powerful but probably required right now with the way healing is....though stacking them is annoying. I'd probably nerf my run on sentence I crit everyone with as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
04-05-2011, 12:20 AM
It was said, long time ago, if the crazy crits would be looked at, many of the abilities wouldn't need tampering at all. Sine Qua Non.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
04-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Precisely my original statement. Your TBRs on me alone took 60% of my hull of my Escort alone. That kind of damage is what got original Feedback Pulse nerfed in the first place because it did too much damage through the shields.

There have been cases where guys like TSI goofed around in PvP matches in nothing but Intrepidis and using repulsors against PuGs, laughing as they are blowing up left and right just by the damage from repulsors alone.

I honestly think that kind of damage is just too much. You can't make an exception for one ability when you nerfed another for the same reason.
My TBR took 60% of your hull.. That is exactly my point.

My ship:

MK XII Graviton Deflector [DEF] [TB] : Possible the best possible deflector ingame for this (save a potential VRare)

4x MK XI Graviton Consoles : Best possible ingame

Borg Console : No equivalent

125 Aux

9/9 points in all relevant skills for Tractor Beam + Repulsor

Do you get it? You cannot get better equipment or spec for this.. And all I did was 60% hulldamage, because you didnt bother to harden your hull..


Lets look at some other things:

BOL3 : Can oneshot me, Ive personally oneshot a Carrier with 54k damage, and a RSPing Starcruiser with 97k damage with a Dual Beam Bank - MY guess its very possible to oneshot someone with BOL2 or even 1

FAW3 : If I dont bother to harden my shields/hull, much like you didnt harden your hull.. This *will* chew through my shields and hull before it expires (and if not, the opponent can activate his second copy 5 seconds later)

CRF2 : If I dont bother to harden my shields/hull, much like you didnt harden your hull.. This *will* Chew through my shields and hull before it expires.

Tricobalts : Need I say more? Look at Minimax's signature.. 3 kills with one torpedo? (and mines are more powerful)

Plasma Torp : Same deal, though mines are useless.

Ramming Speed : Need I say more? Without hardening your hull, this will oneshot you.

FBP3 : Ive frequently been taken to half hull, while doing an alphastrike (even after they changed it).. Ivan from my fleet have seen escorts blow themselves up on it (as recently as yesterday)

There you go.. Most of the listed abilities are one tier *below* my Repulsors3, and my taking you to 60% *fully* Tacbuffed (GDF, APA, APB1, FoMM, TacFleet) in 10 seconds is a problem, when any of the above mentioned skills can outright destroy me in less time than that?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
04-05-2011, 02:50 AM
I am a recent user of TBR and I, like Azurian, was a little surprised at the results I got back. I however (perhaps I'm biased as the user) found it to be enjoyable. It turned what I had previously seen as a grief skill with little to no damage potential, was in fact, rather potent and useful when used correctly.

Ive only got TBR2, and I'm sci/sci on that build, but I still got a tasty max so far of ~16k hull damage to a single target, and I wasn't even using Sensor Scan OR Grav consoles.

@ IronScarlet, it indeed IS effective, especially when combined with other skills. My TBR2 can take an escort to around 50-60% and my CPB3 and TB3 will shred the shields off of most any escorts. So now you have zero shields, and only 1/2 to 2/3 hull without me firing a single shot from my weapons...

I'd call that effective. And that is just for damage...for CC it is great

Pushing an entire group off of a capture point, i'd call that effective...

Pushing a healer >10k from their group...id call that effective..

Turning a fed/klink ball into a scattering...id call that effective too..
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:41 PM.