Lt. Commander
# 51
04-05-2011, 02:36 PM
I had the pleasure of playing with Azurian in a KvF match that started out very much not in our favor (as Azurian commented on multiple times before I called him a cry baby .

We ended up winning, being outnumbered and everything. We also had one of those teammates who refused to join the team and get solo ganked on the other side of the map.

So I will say this: I don't think Azurian is a crybaby, and I regret making the statement. He does play better than you might think reading his, what do you guys call them, "nerf whine threads?" Afterall, if people are not vocal about obvious problems, they may never get addressed. I mean look how vocal we are about certain issues (spam, FAW, etc) and how slowly changes are looked at and made -- imagine if there were no whistle blowers at all.

We might all be running 15 second RSPs still with 66% uptime. And CSV... oh boy.
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacatchman View Post
imagine if there were no whistle blowers at all.
To be honest, there's a huge difference between voicing one's opinion compared to crying "wolf!" about nearly every mechanic currently in game. If advocating for a complete overhaul of space mechanics is what someone wants, then please feel free to make a thread about it. Just don't keep making thread after thread about x or y ability then repeatedly call for a complete overhaul.
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Is he really that bad? I guess I just haven't noticed.
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Is he really that bad? I guess I just haven't noticed.
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
I had the pleasure of playing with Azurian in a KvF match that started out very much not in our favor (as Azurian commented on multiple times before I called him a cry baby .

We ended up winning, being outnumbered and everything. We also had one of those teammates who refused to join the team and get solo ganked on the other side of the map.

So I will say this: I don't think Azurian is a crybaby, and I regret making the statement. He does play better than you might think reading his, what do you guys call them, "nerf whine threads?" Afterall, if people are not vocal about obvious problems, they may never get addressed. I mean look how vocal we are about certain issues (spam, FAW, etc) and how slowly changes are looked at and made -- imagine if there were no whistle blowers at all.

We might all be running 15 second RSPs still with 66% uptime. And CSV... oh boy.
Really appricate the complement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
See, the problem is.. Its near impossible to coordinate with multiple ships using repulsors.. ie: If I use repulsors, and Ivan also uses repulsors.. One of us will push the target outside the others range..

Ofcourse you could alternate so one person goes first and when it expires, the other continue.. But thats rather hard to coordinate, since you have to evasive against the target, thus pushing the opponent away from the second ship.

I suggest you try a Science ship with repulsors and see how "easy" killing is, before you come with any more input about it.
Actually I did experiement them and they are easy to kill, especially in a BoP. Use Photonic Shockwave to stun, use Repulsors to push to isolate, then at the same time you are pushing, you fire on the weak shield face and finish them off. Which is deadly if they aren't buffed.

But again my beef isn't with Repulsors themselves but the hull damage they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
To be honest, there's a huge difference between voicing one's opinion compared to crying "wolf!" about nearly every mechanic currently in game. If advocating for a complete overhaul of space mechanics is what someone wants, then please feel free to make a thread about it. Just don't keep making thread after thread about x or y ability then repeatedly call for a complete overhaul.
If people think there is something wrong, they are told to come to the forum to voice them.
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObieKenobi View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko
Those are legit issues, though, despite how abstract they might sound ("Time for a major PvP balance pass" is a very sweeping statement, but it's not untrue).

Think about it; if pvp was balanced, wouldn't more people do it? Why do the queues take so long?

Leading to the second statement about being 1 shot.... True, this happens to Kirk's who don't PvP much, but the fact front load DPS is a valid tactic because how silly resist/healing is, is not their fault; nor is it the fault of the seasoned veterans of PvP who do this as routine. I get 1 shots daily against people who obviously don't PvP much -- and then guess what? I focus that person the rest of the game because it's a valid winning strategy.

Do you think they want to jump right in and play again? I doubt it. First, I want to win. Second, I want people to play against -- see how these could be counter intuitive?

As for the defiant.... Statistically, it's not far out of balance, but it does something no other ship does (except for paying $20 or recruiting 5 friends to sub to the game). Cloaking. It's also an iconic ship for the Federation, particularly when it comes to pure ass kicking.

Easy cloaking for the federation when they aren't supposed to have it? Think about it. Many Feds think the grass is greener with a cloak, so yeah, a lot probably took it and tried it out.
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Those are legit issues, though, despite how abstract they might sound ("Time for a major PvP balance pass" is a very sweeping statement, but it's not untrue).
Then you have made your own decision own the matter and you should be proud of that. There isn't much else to talk about in regards to this matter.
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-05-2011, 04:53 PM
This thread is being locked due to the back-and-forth of insults.
BOTH sides of the argument should know better than that.
Closed Thread