Lt. Commander
# 11
04-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Mission Review

Name:- Time the Enemy - By Havraha

Prologue

On a routine mission to expand the Klingon Empire's influence, how will your crew when it stumbles upon a new threat?

Story/Plot

5 stars

The storyline was FANTASTIC! I loved every bit of it. I loved the idea of time sped up in this mission making the Elri advance far faster than they normally would. If there was a community authored mission that made it into STO KDF mission progression, this would be it.

EPIC!

Environment/Map Design

4 stars

Loved the map designs but it was all pretty basic. I understand there was nothing much to put on but the maps were great. The ground map was the best I found but I think a few more objects could boost this mission a bit more.

Keep it up

Combat

5 stars

The Elri were based around Starfleet NPC's with costumes overriding them and it somehow fitted very nicely. There was a great amount of combat and I particularly liked the drones based on fighters. Tyhe combat NPC's just blended together extremely well and there was hardly any orientation to either too much or too little combat.

Great .

Dialogue

5 stars

The dialogue in this mission was some of the best I've seen for a community authored missions to date. You really do know Klingon dialogue and the constent use of targ referneces and metaphor's as well as simile's really felt like I was talking to a KDF officer or my KDF crew.

BRILLIANT!

FINAL VERDICT:- 5 Stars

Mission had fantastic plotline and it flowed very nicely all the way through. Map design could be brushed up a bit but combat and dialogue were also fantastic. Loved the plotline and this is what I would like a an actual mission to progress through when more KDF PvE comes.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Mission Review

Name:- Project Hotrod - By Foxrocks

Prologue

Infiltrate a Federation base and acquire the plans for a powerful new engine design.

Story/Plot

3 stars

I found the story confusing but i loved the ending. The scene with Starfleet officers surrounding you reminded me of Coliseum and it had the same effect. loved that but overall, the story was confusing and I didnt follow it properly.

Environment/Map Design

5 stars

Map designs were awesome. The nebula interference was a vital plot element and I liked that plus forcefields and consoles remind me of my own missions xD. map design were fine so keep up the good work .

Combat

2 stars

The amount of combat in it was more frustrating than necessary. there was simply too much combat in it but the end combat with the nebula and the ships I enjoyed.

Dialogue

4 stars

the dialogue was great but i encountered the same bug problem. except it was my Breen tactical officer who was saying most of it instead of my science officer. the end dialogue alterative endings were perfect but the dialogue could do with some work to make that bit more professional.

FINAL VERDICT:- 4 Stars

I didnt enjoy the story but I enjopyed the ending. too much combat combined with that, great environments and alright dialogue made it a mixed bag. i would have given you 3 stars but the ending made it up to 4 .
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Great another review thread. and a KDF one. Brilliant. I don't have to worry about leveling my Klingon in a hurry now. Thanks Ooiue.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
Great another review thread. and a KDF one. Brilliant. I don't have to worry about leveling my Klingon in a hurry now. Thanks Ooiue.
I like playing KDF content. i find it nice to see a different perspective to the ST Universe so a KDF ccommunity authored mission review thread is im sure a pretty welcome thing
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the review. Glad you liked the end sequences. Did you know there are two endings, based on what you choose when Xenia asks you to make the choice? Its just a different dialog path, but I honestly wonder if that is worth doing, whether people see it and even realize it is possible to do. Right now, the pattern I think I see is people playing through a mission once, telling their friends about it, and then moving onto the next, so it seems questionable whether multiple dialog paths is worth the effort if there is no replaying going on.

I was hoping you could expand on the issues you had following the story though. Its definitely hard for me, the author, to understand that since I know the whole story and how its supposed to play out, so it makes it hard to see where problems are. I wonder also how much of it might be confusing due to the BO bug.

There were a lot of things I tried out and I'm not sure how they worked as story elements, and maybe they contributed to the confusion, like the "cutscenes" on Xenia's ship, and the "narrator". So if you could go into greater detail it would really help.

For the combat, I actually thought maybe there should have been more. I was trying to portray a determined defense against invading KDF. Definitely ground combat can get tedious, but I didn't want people to play the mission and wonder why it was so easy to take over a Federation ship and waltz through a Federation base.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-05-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm in the middle of making one called "The Reality of Myths" which is about Borg trying to assimilate some remmenant Felhkri. I'll post here when it's ready
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-06-2011, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Thanks for the review. Glad you liked the end sequences. Did you know there are two endings, based on what you choose when Xenia asks you to make the choice? Its just a different dialog path, but I honestly wonder if that is worth doing, whether people see it and even realize it is possible to do. Right now, the pattern I think I see is people playing through a mission once, telling their friends about it, and then moving onto the next, so it seems questionable whether multiple dialog paths is worth the effort if there is no replaying going on.

I was hoping you could expand on the issues you had following the story though. Its definitely hard for me, the author, to understand that since I know the whole story and how its supposed to play out, so it makes it hard to see where problems are. I wonder also how much of it might be confusing due to the BO bug.

There were a lot of things I tried out and I'm not sure how they worked as story elements, and maybe they contributed to the confusion, like the "cutscenes" on Xenia's ship, and the "narrator". So if you could go into greater detail it would really help.

For the combat, I actually thought maybe there should have been more. I was trying to portray a determined defense against invading KDF. Definitely ground combat can get tedious, but I didn't want people to play the mission and wonder why it was so easy to take over a Federation ship and waltz through a Federation base.
i did like the cutscenes but was a bit wierd with my character standing there xD. i also forgot to mention that you will need to rewrite the objectives when your doing something because i couldnt understand what to do sometimes. while you made great sequence names for the objective, the objective screen isnt for that .

ive also never come accross the boff bug and it was a bit strange seeing my breen talking to himself xD. try to go back and assign everything again and see if that will work maybe's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone3 View Post
I'm in the middle of making one called "The Reality of Myths" which is about Borg trying to assimilate some remmenant Felhkri. I'll post here when it's ready
i look forward to it already
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Mission Review

Name:- General Rebellion - By Capt.PFDennis

Prologue

You are called to the Great Hall and given a covert mission to stop a rebellion against the Klingon Empire, and to apprehend the rebel leader.

Story/Plot

5 stars

I found the story excellent. Was wondering how the Hirogen managed to get a base deeply in KDF territory but it diverted us from the plotline from the beginning which i like. 2 plots going on at once both equally as good as each other each rpogressing each other at the same time. was brilliant. LOVED the puzzle at the beginning, you clearly know what t is to be a true warrior of Qo'nos. loved the ending as it was moraly right

instead of objective mission names, just put you have to do this and that instead of "Reinforcements (/3)" put "Defeat Reinforcements (/3)". dont put those kind of objectives as it is confusing. i also got lost where to go on the initial console as it is hard to find so a clearer description would do nicely

Environment/Map Design

5 stars

the outstanding one was the Hirogen base. the rest were basic but i didnt see a need for anything else to be put on. it could be 4 stars but the Hirogen map simply made it a 5 star section. great job (dont know if they were like that already but 5 stars either way)

Combat

5 stars

There was a great amount of combat here. the hirogen combat could have been overwhelming and it almost was but i dealt with it. enjoyable combat and i liked how you based the Gorn cruisers off Hirogen. we need fightable Gorn NPC's but since they havent been implemented, you did a great job around it

Dialogue

5 stars

Dialogue was excellent. the puzzle was the outstanding feature and you made it feel like i was interacting with my officers as well. it was epic the arguement between the Hirogen leader and my character so i loved that the most .

FINAL VERDICT:- 5 Stars

5 stars by a MILE! the objectives need to be rewritten into do this and do that rather than this is a good word or phrase to describe what you need to do or what is happening. everything 5 stars because it was an epic mission! keep it up!
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks Ooiue. That was a very kind review. I do have an issue with Mission Tracker. I 've got to get it into my head that it is to supply direction and not to introduce the forthcoming plotline. It's one of those things I will remind myself of, in all forthcoming missions. I've got to put a couple of post-it's up on my monitor for this issue and for typos. I tend to leave a few of those behind as well. Thanks again. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's the reason why we bother to do it in the first place, right?
Lt. Commander
# 20 The Enemy of My Enemy
04-06-2011, 01:42 PM
This is my first mission, feedback is appreciated.

The Enemy of My Enemy
ST-HLAAQIQZ5
16+

The Federation plans to annex an M Class planet in the Neutral Zone, although close to enemy lines. The Federation annexing this prime location theatens The Empire. Besides a strategic location, the crew must determine if this planet has other things to profit from.

Thanks!
HathorSC