Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
04-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post

I might pick any of the 3 choices, including number 4 "do nothing and just go my way". It depends on my mood on what I pick.
Seconded. I also take into account whether someone is a good sport or not. If a guy is a good sport about getting blown up... I won't continue to hammer on him over and over again. If a guy has a big mouth or QQ's like there's no tomorrow than I have no problem killing him over and over again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
04-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
All the more reason Ker'rat is stupid because the Klingons would ally with the Federation against the Borg, like in Gamma Orionis, not fight to stop the other defeating the Borg.
I've experimented with this before in Kerrat. Every time, without fail, helping an unknown Fed against the Borg results in the Fed attacking me. So I'm gonna have to disagree with your stance on this subject based on my own social experiments in Kerrat..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
04-05-2011, 02:15 PM
This is not a new tactic, and yes it is fair. There's counters. RSP would be one, shockwave would be another if they are decloaking right on top of you. I'd suggest hitting brace for impact as well.

FAW or the defense turret (if available to you) can kill the torpedo very quickly before it reaches you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
04-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Hit Evasive maneuvers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
04-05-2011, 03:17 PM
You're a war target entering a battle zone. The advise about safety in numbers is the best and you'll complete your dailies faster. The ship is called Bird Of Prey for a reason and you're the Prey, you should plan occordingly.

If you insist on soloing in an open PvP setting for emblems, I'd suggest using MES, find a map that isn't busy (you can tell by the lower number of NPC spawns), and not engaging the Borg for the 1st 8 objectives but instead use stealth. On uncrowded maps it's possible to scan without being seen by the guarding sphere. Then use MES to get close to the final 4 objectives you need to destroy. This is also faster than Pew Pewing your way through solo. Btw you can use MES on the Gorn Daily scans as well.

If you insist on fighting the Borg solo chain BFAW the BoPs will see this and think twice as they will take significant damage while decloaking (there shields are still down at this point). I would have tbr and if possible push the decloaking BoP into a Tacticle cube using the tbr w/help from evasive and engine battery. If the BoP doesn't run it'll quickly have its shields and velocity dropped allowing you to drop your own tricobolt (or apply whatever you do for spike damage). Even if this doesn't work most BoP run cannons and the incoming damage will drop as they are pushed away.

In addition to other skills mentioned Jam Sensors or if more than one Scramble Sensors would likely work to buy you time as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
04-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
There is no need for flamiing, lol. Truth be told it does smart a bit when one gets pwned like that. We've all been there and it isn't just the Klinks who can pull it off. The thing is, when someone enters an open PVP zone they pretty much accept that they can be a target. The idea is to come ready to play either with the right set up or some support of your own and make the best of it.

Besides, there are a number of other ways to get emblems if the risk of getting teamed up on isn't worth it. To the point, no it isn't an exploit and yes it is fair. ^^
I disagree yes we all know that your entering an open pvp map, yes we know what were getting into. So i agree with krowseyes 100% when your there for dailys you don't want to have klins using there hit and run tactics over and over. It's just going to drive more peaple away from pvp+ker'ret. So in respownse to your last comment "Yes it's an Exploit and NO it's not fair
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
04-05-2011, 03:58 PM
I've read what yall have posted but the problem with all that is that this tactic happens in like 2 or 3 seconds. Decloak - fire cannons (Rapid fire I assume) - fire Tricobalt trop - me go boom. There is no time to even do anything. And if you are fighting the borg while that happens then you're really screwed since they beam over a boarding party, plasma weapons, shield nuttrilizers, ect. If Ker'ret was for Marks instead of emblems, I wouldn't even be complaining. The fact that it's a daily for emblems is part of why it needs to be looked at. I like to pvp when in the arena or cap & hold. Granted I'm not that good but I tend to hold my own depending on which alt I'm on. A fix that I think would be fair to everyone is to remove it as a daily & replace the emblems with Marks. That way no one on either side will get nerfed & people who like it the way it is can still go in there.

I relize this is a pipe dream that will most likely never happen but would fix some of the issues that I & other players have.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
04-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowseye
I've read what yall have posted but the problem with all that is that this tactic happens in like 2 or 3 seconds. Decloak - fire cannons (Rapid fire I assume) - fire Tricobalt trop - me go boom. There is no time to even do anything. And if you are fighting the borg while that happens then you're really screwed since they beam over a boarding party, plasma weapons, shield nuttrilizers, ect. If Ker'ret was for Marks instead of emblems, I wouldn't even be complaining. The fact that it's a daily for emblems is part of why it needs to be looked at. I like to pvp when in the arena or cap & hold. Granted I'm not that good but I tend to hold my own depending on which alt I'm on. A fix that I think would be fair to everyone is to remove it as a daily & replace the emblems with Marks. That way no one on either side will get nerfed & people who like it the way it is can still go in there.

I relize this is a pipe dream that will most likely never happen but would fix some of the issues that I & other players have.
Thank you Krowseye i could have said that better i'm glad to know that i'm not the only one with this problem
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
04-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Ker Rat is an open PvP Zone... anything allowed in any other PvP Zone is 100% fair game... including Roasting the other team. Exploit.... ???? are you kidding. Not sure you understand what it means.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_(online_gaming)

Anyway if you don't like being blowed up real good... then go and get emblems through the multiple PvE avenues. No one said you had to be a greedy little boy and go after the PvP Emblem rewards as well if you don't care for PvP. I know I don't bother going after the PvE emblems... I don't like PvE.

See ya in Ker Rat if your still coming down.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
04-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowseye
I've read what yall have posted but the problem with all that is that this tactic happens in like 2 or 3 seconds. Decloak - fire cannons (Rapid fire I assume) - fire Tricobalt trop - me go boom. There is no time to even do anything. And if you are fighting the borg while that happens then you're really screwed since they beam over a boarding party, plasma weapons, shield nuttrilizers, ect. If Ker'ret was for Marks instead of emblems, I wouldn't even be complaining. The fact that it's a daily for emblems is part of why it needs to be looked at. I like to pvp when in the arena or cap & hold. Granted I'm not that good but I tend to hold my own depending on which alt I'm on. A fix that I think would be fair to everyone is to remove it as a daily & replace the emblems with Marks. That way no one on either side will get nerfed & people who like it the way it is can still go in there.

I relize this is a pipe dream that will most likely never happen but would fix some of the issues that I & other players have.
Sorry, but there are a lot of ways to get emblems... this is one of the few ways to get them involving PvP. If you don't like going to Kerrat for emblems there are many other options you can choose from. Don't take away from what little the PvP community has. Additionally, much like Hale was saying, everyone gets hit and everyone gets ganked. Remember this isn't a single player RPG; Teaming is essential in Kerrat.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:39 PM.