Lt. Commander
After soloing to VA Iím looking for a fleet. But not just any fleet. Iím hoping to find a fleet of like-minded individuals. Iím looking for a fleet that requires very little commitment. I like to solo most of the time and will be spending a good deal of my STO time with the Foundry. My ideal fleet is comprised of solo players that come together occasionally to tackle the hard stuff. An older group would be nice as well, as Iím in my thirties.

Iím anti-social. I donít like people all that much. Not that I hate them, I just donít want to associate with a significant percentage of humanity. What can I say, Itís just part of my charming personality. So on that note, I want to join a fleet with no team speak required. Yes I know it makes a teaming far more efficient but I donít care. I hate it. It ruins immersion (weíre not voice actors) and for us anti-social types itís very intrusive--like having strangers in your home. Iím not opposed to others using it or following the lead of those that are, but I wonít use it.

So Iím not looking for your average fleet

Iím not a role-player but I enjoy immersion in the Star Trek universe. I like to pretend that Iím watching a new series that stars my ship, crew and their associates. The fact that this is a Star Trek game is primarily why I play it. But to me that doesnít involve typing every line of dialogue or writing stories on forums. Iíve been in RP guilds in other games and they seem to expect you to perform.

So Iím probably not looking for a role-playing fleet (RP light maybe?)

Too many people take their gaming very seriously. Itís like they are training for some unknown International MMO Championship (IĎm sure their mothers are very proud). Iím playing a game to relax and I donít stress out or berate people for screwing something up or having to deal with real life during a mission, and expect the same.

So Iím not looking for a pro fleet

So I guess Iím probably looking for a fleet of Trekkies or Trekkers or whatever the PC term is nowadays. Immersion is important to me. I want to be in a fleet that looks like a part of Starfleet, gray hulls (too many green Starfleet ships) and universe appropriate names. I donít want to join a fleet alongside the likes of darthbob243 or Thelichking. The fleet name itself is important to me as well--these are fleets, not guilds. Also, as much as I like all Star Trek, TNG and DS9 are my favorites so I probably would want to join a 2409 themed fleet as opposed to a TOS or Enterprise themed one.

Does anyone have a fleet like this? I know that I have many requirements (thanks for reading my wall of text). Iím guessing there are a lot of small fleets that donít actively recruit and am hoping maybe one like this exists.

Vice Admiral Zeebuc Noochuk(@Qasr)
U.S.S. Tecumseh
Galaxy Class Dreadnought (I donít care--it looks really cool)
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Man good luck
I am posting to move your post back to the top in hope that there is a fleet out there for you
good luck
Lt. Commander
# 3 are you having fun yet?
04-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog237 View Post
Man good luck
I am posting to move your post back to the top in hope that there is a fleet out there for you
good luck
I respect specific requests.
Have you done your homework?
Depends on what you're seeking in STO.
UnRepentant is not a usual fleet..
Want a laugh?
Want to succeed?
want to have fun?
We could be a place to look, if you're loose enough to laugh at yourelf and your charecter.
Here's the thing. We don't care if you care, yet we do have an application process.
Get over it!
if you care?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Take a look at the Clan Hunters and you might find that we are what you are looking for.

You play when you want and how you want.

Ventrilo is optional.

We don't really RP.

We got a lot of trekkies and many of us use the foundry now to make some fun additions to the game and fleet.

Links are in my signature.

NIkita
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Have a look around at our website. It looks like you could fit in well.
http://www.2ndfleet.org/

In any case, if you have questions don't hesitate to contact me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Hi there,

Well you are welcome to take a look at the {UFP} and see if it meets your requirements.

Firstly, we cater to a vast array of playing styles, playing times and we ask very little in return. We provide a forum and Teamspeak for those who wish to use it, but this is not mandatory and I myself, don't use Teamspeak.

We run a variety of events to satisfy that variety of playing styles. Some of our members are very interactive and sociable and others aren't. We believe that everyone is entitled to play as they see fit and who are we to interfere. So we also allow our members to name their ships any which way they like and if they want green hulls, then so be it! But that said, the fleet consists of mature individuals and I haven't seen a USS h4x0r or anything equally silly.

As I've mentioned, some members like a bit of RP and how much immersion they like varies from person to person. We actually support a number of Star Trek games (and as you can tell from the website) and we're all big big fans of Star Trek in general. A lot of the best roll playing actually doesn't take place in STO and you would be welcome to join in on those for a more immersive experience should you wish.

We do ask just 3 things. That sign a monthly roll call form (which takes all of 30 seconds), you adhere to our Code of Conduct and that you treat members as we believe they would wish to be treated.

If any of this sounds good t you then come to our website and see what you think. http://www.ufplanets.com/

Grace
Lt. Commander
# 7 Thanks for the replies
04-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I will take a closer look at both the 2nd Fleet and UFP as both seem to be close to what I'm looking for. Thanks for the other replies as well. I realize I'm kind of an odd person and probably won't find everything I specified in my OP. I'll be in touch with one of the two fleets listed above after some more reading.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2011, 05:20 PM
I applied to the UFP Fleet (cool website btw). Thanks for the link Grace, hope to hear from you all.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Best of luck with your application! It's quite a quick process.

Grace