Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground combat unplayable
04-05-2011, 09:11 AM
This has probably been beat into the ground, but Ill say it again in case someone missed it the last few hundred times.

Ground combat is well nigh unplayable. I enjoy space combat, its exciting, fast paced, and is continually moving. Ground combat is slow, dull, plodding, pedantic, and takes far TOO LONG. You could sit shooting one target for 30 seconds before it dies, just to find there are 100 more before you get to your objective, then to find there are 3 more objectives beyond that.....and all for a paltry amount of SP.

It is insulting, infuriating, and causes one like myself to want to quit (again) becuase almost every mission out there requires a ground component, which I have come to hate.

I have heard that ground changes are in the works, but I doubt that they will be on the scale that is needed.

1. Lower the number of ground targets, it has really just gotten to the point of spamming targets now, and that is unacceptable.
2. Lower ground npc hitpoints to bring ground combat in line with space combat in terms of time committment.

It shouldnt feel like a punishment to see the words "Beam Down". Please, fix ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2011, 09:13 AM
I enjoy ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-05-2011, 09:13 AM
There is already a fix in the works. Expect it with the release of Season 4 this summer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2011, 09:14 AM
1. Get two science officers, load them up with expose abilities and full auto assault weapons.
2. Get two engineers with nothing but phaser turret and support drone fabrication abilities and give them split beam rifles.
3. Give yourself a split beam rifle and a sniper rifle.
4.???
5. Profit.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-05-2011, 09:17 AM
What people don't get about ground is that you the captain need an Expose Weapon [Dual Pistols, Full Auto Assault, Auto targeting assault] and an exploit weapon [Sniper, Split beam]
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
What people don't get about ground is that you the captain need an Expose Weapon [Dual Pistols, Full Auto Assault, Auto targeting assault] and an exploit weapon [Sniper, Split beam]
I carry a split-beam and a Bat'leth. I use the Bat'leth on the Captain NPCs since their shield almost never stays down.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-05-2011, 09:21 AM
yeah i can see that, you need! ultimately NEED expose abilities.

i realised lately that my science cpt+3scioff(1 healer)+1 engineer(for shield heal) i way faster than any other setup, cause i have tachyion harmonic 1,2,3+hyperionic radiation on them, including me. my awayteam is equipped with exploit splitbeams as me, and i carry an expose auto assault

this is max aoe dmg potential and it runs very fast!

the only thing that needs improvement is the KI of the Boffs, they dont position themselfs right before they use tachyonharmonic, so they mostly just get one enemy ^^
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Welcome to MMO
Population: You
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-05-2011, 09:31 AM
You have to take advantage of the exploit mechanic. Put tachyon harmonics I & II on two science officers. Give two of your officers split beam rifles and two full auto sweep assault weapons. Stack target optics on your tactical officer.

I prefer to carry two split beam rifles. You also need to keybind target exposed enemy, and hit it when you see a enemy exposed. Use your special attack after you target him, and you will disintegrate him.

Ground combat is much faster than space combat, and less repetitious if you use the exploit mechanic.

You can go through a group of five mobs in seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I carry a split-beam and a Bat'leth. I use the Bat'leth on the Captain NPCs since their shield almost never stays down.
Yeah Bat'leth's and Melee weapons are great in general for exposes.
Closed Thread