Lt. Commander
# 71
04-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
Huh, and the OP is no where to be found again after his rant. Must have been vaporized in a ground match.

LoL could be true...

I think at this point I'd let it go though Romulus... it ain't worth the anger wrinkles or yer face...
(Oh wait... there already there... nm... )

'sides..., least the rest of us use these opportunitys to mix it up a little.

I like Ground War... it's a nice diversion from wiping out the Klingons in space once in a while.
Lt. Commander
# 72
05-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Can I ask a newbish question? I've just returned to the game after a long layoff, and I don't understand how I shoot with two equipped weapons. Can I fire both simultaneously? Or are you constantly hitting Z to swap between the two so as to circumvent cooldowns?

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 73
05-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selek-of-Vulcan View Post
Can I ask a newbish question? I've just returned to the game after a long layoff, and I don't understand how I shoot with two equipped weapons. Can I fire both simultaneously? Or are you constantly hitting Z to swap between the two so as to circumvent cooldowns?

Thanks in advance.
Hitting Z.

It's there for both avoiding cooldowns, and to make sure you can have both Expose and Exploit weapons readied.

By the way, for future reference it's against forum policy to post in topics that have been dead for more than a month. If you have questions like this you should probably post them to The Starfleet Academy Board instead of bumping older threads here.
Lt. Commander
# 74
05-16-2011, 10:16 PM
i agree that it is playable, and to call it unplayable is a far cry... infact, ill probably still play it in the old style when the new system is released (since i usually lead pugs and my team in stf's. its easier to keep track of everyone...lol...

i also think it is border line rediculous that someone would post something like this knowing that the new ground combat is on the way. i mean if your here making a new thread, youve probably skimmed the forums (which it is all over) and its all over the engineering reports, and its all anyone is really talking about... it could just be me lol...
Lt. Commander
# 75
05-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Nice bump.

What I find... difficult sometimes is how much the ground combat game is based around the Expose-Exploit mechanic. My Sci captain would rather not be vaporizing people left and right - having to fight in the first place bends "do no harm" a lot, but there is a war on and they are shooting at her - but that's how this game works, especially for Sci. So I can either spend an hour whittling them down with Stun, or be constantly phasering screaming foes to ash.

Like the song says: "We come in peace - shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill."
Lt. Commander
# 76
05-17-2011, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
1. Get two science officers, load them up with expose abilities and full auto assault weapons.
2. Get two engineers with nothing but phaser turret and support drone fabrication abilities and give them split beam rifles.
3. Give yourself a split beam rifle and a sniper rifle.
4.???
5. Profit.

I like mixing and matching as well.
Lt. Commander
# 77
05-17-2011, 10:41 AM
If you have any more questions please try to find an active thread or start a new one.

Burying this in the back yard!
Closed Thread