Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Hey everyone,

This thread is an offshoot of sorts of the thread initially started here so for background head over there.

The long and short of it is this. The PVP community has had it's fair share of concerns of late regarding buffs, nerfs, new equipment and various other changes to the gameplay of STO - it's not that we don't appreciate the ongoing development of MMO's - we realise that powers change, ships come and go, and things....well....change.

The general feeling of the thread was that feedback wasn't always listened to, and that sometimes perhaps, even asked for (specifically looking at feature series rewards in particular here) Sometimes it was also felt that the time allowed on Tribble to test a change was too short.

In that thread I proposed that we make a concerted effort as a community to test more on Tribble. I know in the past there have been specific test periods that have received prizes, rewards and thank you's - but ultimately the responsibility to see how the powers really work is on us.

So here's the plan.

What: Tribble vs Targ - PVP Test Events on Tribble (Can't access tribble - click here )
Why: To bash, break, find possible exploits of(*), and generally feedback on changes that affect the PVP Metagame. The regular dates should also allow the devs to plan when to push changes to Tribble for testing as there will be a more concentrated testing presence during these times.
Who: You! Be you a hardcore PVPer, a PUG player, or just someone who wants to help - come along and sign up (figure of speech only, no signing actually required!)
Where: Tribble Test Server
When: Last Sunday of every calendar month.
How: Join the TvsT chat channel in game and chime in, we can queue, Challenge, anything people like - the idea is to make sure that nothing slips through the net that otherwise might hit holodeck and potentially be abused, spoil the game, or just plain not be fun!

Any feedback on this idea is of course invited as well and the concept will continually evolve I'm sure - but this way we help the devs, help the players, and help ourselves.

Tobar

(* Meant in a positive light - note - not find exploits to use but to find exploits to report and prevent use)
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2011, 11:54 AM
I will sign up for such testing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Cool - make sure to join the chat channel - that's my unofficial 'register'
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Im in as well.. Joining channel soon™
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2011, 04:08 AM
I will happily join if I'm around on the right day but why not just use the "TTS" Tribble Test Server chat channel?

I know that channel is monitored by some of the devs as well as players who are not necessarily on Tribble at the time - might encourage a few extras to join.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2011, 08:27 AM
TTS is still perfectg useful and I'd suggest people sign up to it too.

The point if tvst is to allow for more focussed testing and even chat during matches. Generally as a coordination tool really. Why not have both options?