Lt. Commander
I was exploring the TOS interior when it hit me that a huge reason why the cramped corridors worked was because of camera improvements since launch, possibly. The camera felt... different overall.

Then I noticed... zoom the camera all the way (from behind but not from the front) in and now your character is off center. It's already employing an "over the shoulder" mode for tighter close-ups, which does seem like a view improvement.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2011, 04:28 PM
It's always done this where it goes to over the shoulder. There really was no excuse for making the environments as over-sized as they did. It was just a boneheaded move, probably from the person who was in charge at the time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Yes, but the feature has been in since release. When you go to aim mode it has always zoomed into over the shoulder unless you disabled that option, and if you scroll the mouse wheel in enough it starts going off center as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2011, 04:34 PM
don't mean to necro a thread, but i've been having this issue too. People say it's been in since launch, but i seriously haven't been able to do it since launch.

plus, it does it to my darned ship now too...