Lt. Commander
# 1 Roleplayer looking for Fleet!
04-06-2011, 06:20 AM
Heya, new to STO...Veteran of SLRP and...just about every other major MMO on the planet xD Looking for a mature (no kids >_>) , established group of roleplayers to put some time into, preferrably with someone who's capable of explaining star trek lore and such to me!

Just send me a PM or post in the thread ^^ Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Ryan,

I recommend that you look into Lotus Fleet. We are a mid-size group with several active players and even more active forum members. We are a Star Trek fleet as well as an STO fleet with several members that have been fans since TOS. We have a group of members that concentrates on getting through STO content, such as weekly episodes and STF's, with fleet members. We have recently created a Foundry Team to put together in-game missions from our RP experiences as well as other original storylines. All of our members have passed the Lotus Fleet Academy, which offers several courses on Trek history, STO, etc., so you can count on an educated conversation with our members. The Academy does a great job of explaining basic Trek history as well as in-depth looks at specific facets of the universe. We offer several RP opportunities in Trek and other realms; these are a great way to build relationships with members of our fleet. I hope that you'll check out our website and feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have.

Lieutenant Josh Vincent
Lotus Fleet Academy
Tactical Professor
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2011, 10:37 AM
I think that the TOS Veterans may be what you are looking for.

We are a mature (30+) fleet. Our play style is relaxed with no time obligations. We believe that all fleet members should have a say in decisions. Our ruling council members are here to answer questions and participate in conversations, not dictate commands. We want to keep our fleet bank stocked with good items at all levels to help everyone out.

We have a TOS theme. The backstory of our fleet revolves around a group of captains and ships brought from the year 2269 to fight for the Federation. We mean this story to be a collaborative effort, so discussion, ideas, and expansions are welcome. Fleet characters should have bios that relate in some way to this backstory, and we are happy to brainstorm how to do that collectively. We mean our TOS theme and backstory to be fun and not a burden.

We are interested in all facets of the game. We plan to run occasional fleet actions with Connies. We also have plans to use The Foundry to create TOS-era adventures, flesh out our backstory and character biographies, and play with ideas that members have.

Please see the blog for a little bit of the developing storyline behind our fleet:
http://sto-tos.blogspot.com/

Our website is now setup so you can come aboard:
http://stotosveteransfleet.guildlaunch.com/
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Heres one I do my RP with. Crew based RP.

22nd Mobile Daedalus
http://daedalusomega.proboards.com/
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRyan22
Heya, new to STO...Veteran of SLRP and...just about every other major MMO on the planet xD Looking for a mature (no kids >_>) , established group of roleplayers to put some time into, preferrably with someone who's capable of explaining star trek lore and such to me!

Just send me a PM or post in the thread ^^ Thanks!
The "Lucky 7th" Fleet is both mature and well established. A great majority of our 60+ members are current or prior military veterans. We run our fleet is a casual-Military style of RP. We run frequent events, but none are mandatory, and we are using the new UGC (Foundry) extensively.

We have a variety of Task Forces to choose from, and each has its own flavor for activities and RP opportunities. We are very active!

If you are interested, click on my name bar in my signature., you will not regret giving the "Lucky 7th" Fleet a good looking at.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi theryan22,

If you are looking for a Role Playing fleet, then The Last Outpost could be for you. We are a dedicated fleet to Role Playing. Our players have played alot of other MMO games, and we also cover RPG-X. So if you have an interest in that, then you get two fleets for the price of one.

Out STO fleet is still growing, and because of that our story lines are very open. We do have a very active web-site that cover alot of Star Trek. But we also like to have fun.

If you have an iinterest in Role Playing then chat to Brex or my self in game, and we will me more than happy to tell you all about the fleet. Or check out our web-site. The link is in my signature block below.

Enjoy playing STO, and I hope to see you our there.

Durir
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-11-2011, 08:48 PM
You sound like a great fit for the Alpha Centauri Institute, and we would be honored to have you apply.

The ACI is a mature, drama-free RP Fleet. Our goal as a fleet is to act as a resource and community for our members as they develop their character(s) and their RP story over the course of time. Individuals are given a great deal of leeway in what route their character takes over the course of their career. We do not require a specific path, demand that you use specific fleet resources for specific actions (eg. if you want to be a crafter, then go for it! There's no requirement that you use a fleet quartermaster), assign pre-determined roles, insist on Teamspeak, or require attendance at many events.

We have a very active Forum for RP, all local chat is IC, and members are always on alert to provide RP assistance for PvE missions or any other in-game situation.

Within the STO universe, you will not find a more community and character oriented fleet than the ACI. Stop by our website, or chat up one of our members online (often found at Starbase 39) for more information and a feel for what we are about.

http://aci.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...&TabID=2867593
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-12-2011, 02:27 AM
Welcome to the forums! We Are an International Fleet

Red Squadrons would seem to fit your criteria well, we always have a laugh (even if sometimes its over something silly ^^) we do support players wanting end game PvP and PvE and RP, and with 11 years of experience, we're a pretty bonded fleet, we have a full and active fleet bank with everything you could ever need no matter your rank with have tabs for classes II, IV, VI, VIII and X mainly blues and greens, we have a fleet crafter who is always happy to make you anything you need.

We play STF missions several times a week and do daily's everyday including the PVP daily's, there is no min rank to join we have members of all levels and the more experienced members are always happy to lend a hand be it getting passed that tricky mission or leveling an alt

We are a military styled fleet, with the Red Squadrons Taskforce serving as our Federation Fleet and the Red Squadrons Battlefleet serving for our Klingon players! And if you want to play in both, your more than welcome (we do encourage it to develop PvP tactics .

We're pretty well known around the Trek gaming community and know a lot of cool fleets whom we have a laugh with pretty often!

Check us out on http://www.redsquadrons.net

Good Luck finding what you're looking for!