Lt. Commander
# 11
04-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Imagine that, I had a question answered.

Unfortunately, the important stuff, specifically PvP, is really looking like it got the short (or nonexistent) end of the stick. A few new maps, MAYBE. Now, I'm a ground PvPer, and I'm looking forward to the ground revamp bringing in a lot more people to those queues, but really, PvP overall seems like it's not going to get any attention. Where are the mapS? One or two from a featured series somewhere down the line doesn't cut it. Where are the new gameplay types? There was a space map, similar to ground's assault, that was removed from the game. Why not bring it back? Where is the territory control, or something to make the Fed/Klingon war seem real, or to make PvP meaningful to the game?

There is a serious lack of attention to PvP here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Do you guys even read the forums. We don't want a sub-par ship that can't be competative at end-game. We want a ship like the excelsior, or d'kyr. Something that is different, and fun, not better or worse than any of the other ones at T-5. Come'on Man!!!!
Since CBS was mentioned to be in discussion, I would imagine that they have reservations about that (as do I, but they're the important ones).
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Q Russell-KV4S: We are already coming up on April, how many Feature Episodes could we see in 2011?

A: While we are still adjusting schedules and hiring the necessary staff, our current projections show us starting up Feature Episodes after Season 4 launches and then continuously releasing the Episodes from that point forward with a maximum of 2 weeks off between series. This puts 3 Feature Episode series definitely on the books, and we’re trying to get in one or two more before the end of the year. So out of the 26 weeks in the second half of the year, we expect there to be Feature Episodes at least 15 of those weeks and we’re shooting for 20 and if we’re lucky then maybe 25 weeks of episodes (but that’s a huge stretch with no downtime between series). Much like a TV series, we are limited by the amount of time it takes to make the episodes, and we are doing as many as we physically can without burning out the team.
Amazing! Hopefully that means we'll be seeing FE's every other week
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Looking even more forward to Duty Officer system...you, go get me a purple BOff, lol. Nice
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-06-2011, 06:50 PM
kit changes, weapon changes, annimation changes maybe even skill point changes... considering i recently saw some dev showing up in organizedpvp trying to learn something about space pvp... when will see a dev show up in the groundpvp channel learning a bit about how awesomely well balanced the existing ground game is from people that actually can play it before screwing it over?
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-06-2011, 06:55 PM
I am quite glad Elite Force was directly mentioned by asker and DStahl in this months issue. As I feel a lot of the weapon ideas from those two games should be incorporated into this one. Such as the quantum burst, and tetryon Gatling gun

aside from that very little was really answered, or revealed, what was was nice, but I always feel that DStahl skirts answers more than he actually gives them.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSpot
I think the computer should be "recording" instead of "recroding"
It TOTALLY should.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
It TOTALLY should.
Baldrics? Pleeeeeeeease?
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-06-2011, 07:08 PM
I cannot wait to see the new Klingon stuff... I so want to start a KDF character.

Secondly, I am relieved there won't be a straight out Constitution class T5 ship. I am ok with a new frame/class that can look like a connie instead (bigger ship and all but with the look of one).
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Huzzah! Thanks for the Ask Cryptic, dstahl!

I like the ground combat updates, even though I don't mind how it is currently. The targeting additions and quicker responsiveness sound great.

The idea of having a ship come with a slot for it sounds friggin' awesome! I guess you guys really do read the C-Store forums, heh.

I'm looking forward to the end of May, when we can get some peeks at all the ground updates. Also, I can't wait to be able to use the Foundry for Fleet Starbases (and, hopefully, character home worlds and my own ship interiors, etc).

The Foundry will probably have the Beta tag until it has all the features and fixes that the players want, eh? Well, that will probably be never. :p (just kidding, just kidding... but it might have that tag for a while, though, lol)

I'm all in favor in changing the skill trees to address some inequities in weapon types. Maybe consolidate some of the VA ship skills as well? (I played Eve for about 2 years, and I really loved their skill system, minus the real-time aspect of it, though. I would love to see something as big/detailed as that one, one day.)

I look forward to all the future Featured Episodes, and I hope you guys do hit the 20 mark after Season 4 launches. Regardless, I'm sure they'll be awesome.

Since no new PvP maps are planned any time soon, maybe add the ability to make PvP maps with the Foundry sometime in the future? I'm sure the PvPers could come up with some pretty awesome maps.

The Klingon stuff in Season 4 sounds most excellent. A lot of good stuff coming for them, and I think it will do the faction a lot of good.

Even though we won't be getting a 3rd weapon slot for our captains in the future, I am interested in the updates to how your two weapons can be used. (Thanks for answering one of my questions! )

I can't wait until we can change to our shuttles from our ship. I guess the shuttles will still take up one of our character's ship slots, but I hope I'm wrong, heh. Also, when you do add the Shuttle Bay to the ship's interiors (or let us make our own), I hope we can essentially have ship changer (shuttles only, of course), ship fitter and tailor options.

A very nice Ask Cryptic, and I look forward to the future of STO. Season 4 is sounding like it will have a bunch of cool, new stuff, and I hope that all that's planned does make it in on time. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-06-2011, 08:22 PM
I wish too thank you for answering some our questions.And takeing them seriously.The answer I have gotten from you concerning the KDF was great.I just get tired of the FEDS getting all these cool stuff and the KDF is forgotten.I find that soon will not be the case.Even though there are more FEDS then KDF at the moment but with the update that the KDF's getting will surly bolster their ranks.