Lt. Commander
# 71
04-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
I just wish I could get a few answers. Asking them each month and never getting any kind of answer is getting tiresome....

I would really like to know if there are any plans for the vendors to sell anythng other than common items.
Is the Borg bridge officer that you get with a lifetime sub ever going to be something besdie a female engineer?
Can you put something ingame that will allow you to unbind an item in your inventory .....

I guess I'll just have to keep asking these ......... Althought I'm getiing tired of typing thems I'll just do a cut & paste from now on.....
Perhaps I can help you with those questions.

1) There are already vendors who sell non-common items. The game includes multiple currencies (too many) and you simply need to acquire the correct currency to purchase the items you desire.

2) Maybe. Would be nice. Also would be nice if it was not human only.

3) Why? Are you having difficulty with basic game play? It's easy enough to acquire whatever it is that you need for your alts.
Lt. Commander
# 72
04-07-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm thinking the evasive reply will let them quickly slide in a T5 Connie "Because CBS said so."

After SWTOR launches I'm hoping all the touchy opponents will bail and leave the people less concerned with constraining others due to their own opinions here unmolested.

That would be the biggest improvement to this game I can think of. (other than the T5 Connie of course. )
Lt. Commander
# 73
04-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
I'm thinking the evasive reply will let them quickly slide in a T5 Connie "Because CBS said so."

After SWTOR launches I'm hoping all the touchy opponents will bail and leave the people less concerned with constraining others due to their own opinions here unmolested.

That would be the biggest improvement to this game I can think of. (other than the T5 Connie of course. )
If they're smart they'll revised the ships so that they level up with your character, and make access to the current higher-tier ship models rewards unlocked by leveling. Alternatively, they could revise the setting to the year 2294, thereby simplifying the issue considerably.
Lt. Commander
# 74
04-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
You've got that completely backwards. PvP players are a teensy-tiny percentage of all MMO gamers. All the PvE content in the world is exactly what maintains an MMO.
This right here. A MMO can survive and prosper without any PvP at all. If anything PvP can hurt an MMO. With all the nerfs, griefing and so on. Balancing for PvP is difficult and time consuming and always runs the risk of driving off the PvE players who make uo the vast majority of most MMO populations.
Lt. Commander
# 75
04-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Q: david26th Tell us something exciting coming up you’ve not told us before!
could cripic be kind enough to answer this question each ask cryptic?

thank you
Lt. Commander
# 76
04-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Q: Cheysuli When will we see more love for the Klingons?

A: As with other prior Season releases, Season 4 will have a healthy dose of Klingon PVE including the ability to create a KDF faction character as your first character. A new tutorial that works for both Fed and KDF characters, as well as the Klingon Academy as a starting hub for Klingons. We are also redoing Qo’noS and hope to have several “in the neighborhood” missions available for players who want to run mission on and around Qo’noS. We will be re-leveling featured episodes to make them part of the KDF PVE progression, opening up new sectors, and potentially converting more patrols to KDF variants. The KDF will also have unique duty officer assignments they can run with their new duty officers. All of this adds up to a lot of options for PVE leveling a KDF faction character so that as we get back on schedule with Feature Episodes, the KDF are in a much stronger starting position from Season 4 on.
Wooo!

Can't wait to have some more fun on my KDF character

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Do you guys even read the forums. We don't want a sub-par ship that can't be competative at end-game. We want a ship like the excelsior, or d'kyr. Something that is different, and fun, not better or worse than any of the other ones at T-5. Come'on Man!!!!
Speak for yourself.

Stop acting like you are the sole voice of the forums about this subject (a higher teir Constitution).

There is an even division of for and against.
Lt. Commander
# 77
04-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
We are working on tech that will allow you to switch to any shuttlecraft you own (and back) directly from your ship interior. This way you could swap to your shuttle without needing to return to a starbase.
Just to throw this out there... it would be really nice if you could not only switch to a shuttle but transfer to your other ships. Think of it as ordering the crew of your other ship to rendezvous with you and board a shuttle to transfer to the other ship.
Lt. Commander
# 78
04-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic

SWTOR does not yet have a confirmed launch date, but I also don't know any Star Trek fans who are not also Star Wars fans. If you guys can't decide what it is that you are going to do with STO, you can be assured that your paying customers will make the decision for you.
you just found ur 1st one. I luuuuv star Trek, but haaate star Wars.

Mainly because ST is SOOO much bigger than SW. i mean, SW has 6 movies (7 if u include that sad excuse of clone wars) maybe im off, i dont keep up on it much... but ST has 11 movies, and 5 great series. thats domination right there, imho.

ok, ok... i dont Haaate SW, but it can never replace ST in my view
Lt. Commander
# 79
04-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyndil01
Just to throw this out there... it would be really nice if you could not only switch to a shuttle but transfer to your other ships. Think of it as ordering the crew of your other ship to rendezvous with you and board a shuttle to transfer to the other ship.
I wanted to say my idea on this matter right off the bat... No!

reason being: This game is already fast-paced enough. i mean, we can get from one corner of the quadrant to the other in maybe 5-10 minutes or less. far less if we use transwarp. in the real ST universe it took weeks, even longer depending on the location.
Im not by any means saying STO needs to be like that particularly, but I am saying that things are already fast enough. it would be quite un-realistic if we had a skeleton crew warp our ship alll the way to whoknows where we are at the time just to transfer over and take our other ship back to the dock.

I hope this never changes, because in ST it would take a looong time to do such a thing. in STO i suppose u want it to be what... instantaneous? Shuttles, yes! let us launch from our shuttle-bay. transfer from ship to ship? no! after all, u should get to where u like the best ship you can use more than others so u aren't needing to swap between 2 or more.

again, this is all in my humble opinion. If i sound blunt, its because I am, but I am trying to make a point. After all, if fleet starbases come out, there will be even more places for us to just swap our ships over.
Lt. Commander
# 80 Patience
04-07-2011, 05:21 PM
I'd like to take a moment to speak my peace:

I will admit this Q&A has left me feeling a bit dissappointed. I completely understand the complaints regarding the lack of content, PvP options, endgame, etc. To know that CBS has such a grip on this game that we (the players/fans) can't see what we all want to see in-game. To see the players of STO "die off" in these seriously dry spells. And it is frustrating to know many of us have invested our money & spare time into a game we wanted more from, just to feel let down most times.

But I also think back to every other game I've played when it first started out. Then I think of how far this game has come since release, And on how this game is going to look this time next year. And the year after that. So on & so forth. Of course, provided the Devs keep to their words. I'm certainly not going to ignore the fact this game is lacking right now, but I also know it takes time for things to get where they need to be.

To those that keep stating they're leaving STO (both in-game & on the forums), so be it; I personally wish you well. But I don't see any reason to give up on STO just yet. I certainly can't predict the future, but I do know this game can do nothing but get better with each update & season release. This game has surprised alot of us with how far it's come & I, for one, want to see what happens next.